Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Rudolph
Canada
Langdon
Alberta
flag msg tools
GIR, quickly, ride the pig!
badge
Yaaaaaay! I don't know what you just said!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really interested in getting this once it's available in North America. Most of the game I play though end up being 2 players since it's usually my girlfriend and myself playing. I'm just wondering how well the game plays with 2 players instead of with 3 or 4. Are there any major differences either in the rules or the overall feel of the game? Any concerns with having only 2 players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Rzepka
Poland
Gdynia -> Poznań
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From rulebook:

Quote:
The game is played with the following modifications:
- Remove the Pacifist and Separatist cards from the objective deck.
- Each player draws and plays with 2 objective cards.
- One player controls the warm colors (red and yellow), the other controls the cool colors (green and blue). If they run out of ships or citizens in their first color, they can start using the second color. However, players are still limited to 5 action discs each, not 10.
- In case of a tie while determining the order of play, there is not a second bet. The order of play stays unchanged.

So basicly - you have more pawns and there is no traitor - the rest are just minor tweaks.

For dynamics of play - I do not have my copy (I wish I have, but curentlu I'm jobless).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Palmer
United Kingdom
Southgate, London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once we had a played a 4 player game, my wife and I tried 2 player and really enjoyed it. The short game doesn't work so well as we found there weren't enough rebels to get the negotiations going between us, but in longer games it gets tense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Rudolph
Canada
Langdon
Alberta
flag msg tools
GIR, quickly, ride the pig!
badge
Yaaaaaay! I don't know what you just said!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, much appreciated! I've preordered a copy from the Ludically site. Now comes the waiting. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
palmerar wrote:
Once we had a played a 4 player game, my wife and I tried 2 player and really enjoyed it. The short game doesn't work so well as we found there weren't enough rebels to get the negotiations going between us, but in longer games it gets tense!

How long do the 3 different game lengths typically last with two players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it for the first time last night with my gf. We played the short game and it was over FAST. 30 minutes might be generous. In fact, one of my two complaints was that it was over too fast (which is easily fixed since the medium length game is supposed to take 60 minutes 2-player and the long game 90 minutes 2 player).

The other complaint, that it felt like multi-player solitaire may also be a function of the length. With more time, we might end up needing to interact with each other enough to piss each other off. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play the 2-player again soon so I can make a better evaluation.

For now, the components are beautiful and the play is simple to explain. There is definitely a Civ feeling to it. My only other complaint is that one corner of the box got dented and torn in transit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody else want to contribute to this thread? I'm very curious about the two player experience, as I've always wanted to purchase this game, but have been told it just isn't worth the money at this player count.

(I believe Rahdo's criticism, which comes to mind first, is the mechanism for tension aren't tuned for 2, so no crisis is really every that impactful -- however, is the game fun even without this element?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.