Subject: What's a good Plano or other box for the bits in this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Saw someone using one of these and it seems really convenient to separate out the different bits. I'm not that familiar with the Plano line though so not sure which is the best to get. Basically need a decent-size space for the single credits and smaller spaces for each of the rest of the bit types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're just talking about the tokens, any of the smallest ones should be fine, like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-23500-00-Stowaway-Adjustable-Div...

That might even have a lot of empty space... There just aren't that many tokens in A:NR, particularly compared to something like Arkham Horror or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah for these situations I usually do small baggies but I play Netrunner a lot and when someone at a tournament had the sorted box it was really convenient -- more so than splashing out tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, understandable then - I haven't played it enough to feel the need.

That said, I got one of those 23500 boxes as a stopgap measure before getting a 5231 for my X-Wing collection, and it was very versatile for just the tokens in the game while still being very compact.

I still think it might be a little big for A:NR tokens, but at six bucks, you're not breaking the bank and maybe you'll come up with a use for extra space later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobby Lobby (Michaels, etc) has a bunch of sewing/bead storage cases. The smallest one can hold all the credits/tags/tokens and cost $2. It fits inside the box (even with inset).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might I suggest the Ultra Pro Gaming Case. It will easily hold 500+ sleeved cards, has a compartment for tokens, a place for the rule book and is nice and padded. It is built more for transporting decks though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you want the Plano 2-3500 J R linked to. That's generally the smallest one people use.

There's an even smaller square 4-compartment one, but I don't think all the credits can fit in 1 compartment.

Here it is in action. You have 9 compartments of adjustable size to work with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a Flambeau 3003 I got on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Flambeau-Outdoors-3003-Tuff-Tainer/dp/...

And I see you're from Santa Clara, it may have been mine you saw if it was at Game Kastle.. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mdanuser wrote:
I use a Flambeau 3003 I got on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Flambeau-Outdoors-3003-Tuff-Tainer/dp/...

And I see you're from Santa Clara, it may have been mine you saw if it was at Game Kastle.. :ninja:

Yup. :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AstroLad wrote:
mdanuser wrote:

And I see you're from Santa Clara, it may have been mine you saw if it was at Game Kastle.. ninja

Yup.

Haha, awesome. Were you my Haas-Bioroid opponent in Round 2, by chance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ding ding ding!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use glass beads instead of progress/credit tokens and generic tokens. I find them more managable than the cardboard ones. I store these glass tokens together with all the rest of the cardboard tokens in a black dice bag with a drawstring.

The old credit tokens and progress tokens went right into the trash bin.

EDIT: And I'll most likely throw the click tokens away as well. I managed to keep track of how many actions I took in old Netrunner and I still do.

FFG's extensive use of tiny cardboard bits is one of my biggest gripes with their games. They're all so fiddly and small. Very annoying.

So basically I'm left with the brain damage tokens and tag/bad publicity tokens and two types of glass beads (light blue and clear colorless)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a small Plano box for the bits now, I took the insert and flipped it inside out and it holds 3 rows of cards fantastically in sleeves. But I jumped on this and hope its backed as the Magic Chamber would work so well for this game with one of the Bit Pits:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1286842883/the-keep-syst...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.