Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished reading the Rule Book cover to cover (whew!) and now starting to tackle the Play Book before I begin my first game.

Someone help me please. On Page 4 of the Play Book on the top of the page for "American Card 3:" the author refers to the Americans playing a "2 OPS" card for reinforcement. However, the illustration shows a "1 OPS" card being played instead into the first American Reinforcement Card box. What am I misunderstanding here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like an erratum. Nothing more to say ... let's move along now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The graphic error can cause one to scratch their head for a few seconds if new to the game. Thankfully as we read through the example of the battle, we confirm that in the graphic, the "1 Ops" card is wrong and the "2 CU" token is correct. Good catch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to this and the mistake listed in the errata, I noticed what I believe to be another mistake in the Playbook.

On page 8, it states that "the Americans draw two 3 OPS, two 2 OPS, a 1 OPS..."

Following through that turn's strategy phase, it appears that no 1 OPS card is played by the Americans, and instead a third 2 OPS card is. I think, perhaps, that the American Card 5 (p. 9) either should have been a 1 OPS or just change the initial hand to:
two 3 OPS and three 2 OPS (with no 1 OPS)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Another good catch. However, I would submit that error is not with either the description of Card 5, or of the American drawn hand, but rather with Card 1. If for the play of American Card 1, you change "2 Ops" to "1 Ops" then it all works out. (Washington only needs 1 Op to activate).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Montclair
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I'm working through the playbook now for the first time. Where did the PC marker in Alexandria that appears on page 3, American Card 2 section, come from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You'll find your answer on pg 1, section 1.Setup.

As a reminder, after the initial board is set up, the American player then gets to place 13 PC markers, one in each of the 13 colonies. This step represents setting-up the historical Committees of Correspondence.

In the Playbook example, Alexandria was one of the 13 locations selected for the CoC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Montclair
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Thanks. I was confused because the preceding picture with British Card 1 shows Alexandria empty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch.. another Playbook oversight. Unfortunately, the PB has several oversights which have been uncovered in these forums. Though that's not an indictment on the game nor its design, which I continue to think are elegantly brilliant.

I caught an oversight for the first time yesterday when looking at the PB to reply to your post...
I noticed that the first sentence of the first full paragraph for section 1, Setup (pg 2), about placing PC markers for the CoC, is wrong the way its written. But we know what its trying to say!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.