Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Chiu
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We played with seven players over the weekend and to jack up the difficulty we did the following while playing Scenario 1: added one spawn point, required that we get BOTH rice and canned food cards for the end, and added an additional objective token.

So not surprisingly we all got killed except for Wanda who made it out as a solo survivor sans one of the food cards (along the way she'd acquired Slippery which was the main reason for her escape). I think we made it a bit TOO hard for ourselves. Has anyone tried this game with seven and is there a good way to balance it out for an additional player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think just adding the additional spawn point would be enough to adjust the difficulty to make it balanced. I would try it out with one addition at a time, and add to it if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terry,

Did you actually try the scenario as described but with 7 players?

If not, you might find that the 1 extra survivor doesn't make it all that much easier.

On the Guillotine Games website they suggest 3 Spawn Points for 4 Survivors +1 for each additional 2 Survivors - so with 7 Survivors you're actually only just over the 4 Spawn Point mark.

If you did try it as described with 7 and found it too easy, then maybe just add the additional items requirement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'd try adding +1 zombie for each spawning (with Fatty spawns getting 3 walkers instead of 2).

With 4 spawn points, once at yellow you'll be getting an extra 4 zombies onto the board per turn, which essentially cancels the extra 3-4 actions that 7th player brings to the party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.