Logan Mann
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game and hope it has a long healthy future. But I also hope that it continues to stay strong and recognizes when it does reach its maximum potential and stops there. I hope that day is a long long way off.

I know Infernal Relics (expansion 2) is just getting out there, but its never too soon to speculate on the future. I believe it was during the kickstarter for Rook City (expansion 1) that greater than games said they had content and plans for at least four more expansions. We've now had 2 with snippets being dropped about number 3.

What we know about expansion 3...

Thematically it involves Space and Time. Correction: Time Travel and multiple realities....not space.

It will follow the 2 environments, 4 villains and 2 heroes model of the first 2 expansions.

One villain will be inspired by fan submission in a recently completed Villain contest held by >G.

What we may speculate about expansion 3...

Who will see their nemesis? At this point 2 villains and four heroes still need a nemesis:

Omnitron
Plague Rat - Hinted to be a Chrono-Ranger character (sounds time travelish to me)
Absolute Zero
Bunker
Visionary - She's from the future so a nemesis is likely to appear in a Space and Time expansion
Unity

By simple math...the 2 new heroes and 4 new villains could match this group exactly and complete the set of nemesis. Infernal Relics kickstarter produced a bonus villain and hero, as long as that happens in even increments it could still complete the set.

But why complete it? Why not just keep hinting and building? Could they do this...yes. But...

Expansion 4

It has been revealed that expansion 4 will be different then 1-3 and take the game in a new direction. I wonder if Expansion 3 will wrap up phase 1 if you will and if expansion 4 will focus on something else entirely. Possibly not adding characters at all but some other aspect of gameplay. Scenarios...mega bosses...campaign play...team vs team play...etc. Could this be done and still add more to the characters and games yes, but it seems like a game changing expansion is a good transition point. Maybe expansion 4 is a whole new core game and does another 4 environments, 10 heros, 4 villains. Maybe it's the same characters of the base game but all heroes as villains and vice versa, representing another universe? I don't know, but its fun to speculate on.

What do you think could be coming in the future of Sentinels?

What would you like to see?

What aspects of comic story telling do you think it would be fun to see come out in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard that expansion 3 will be a smaller expansion kind of like Dominion: Alchemy and that expansion 4 will be a larger expansion like Dominion: Prosperity. I don't know if expansion 4 will be a stand alone game. Rumor has it that expansion 4 will hold all previous expansions in a box that will actually close and hold sleeved cards. We'll see.

I would like to see expansion 4 come with a board like the new reboot Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SnipedintheHead
United States
Burlington
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I went to BGG and I all got was this Overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
It would not surprise me to see a vs mode come down. 1 person plays a villain against a group of heroes. sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this isn't likely to be what Expansion Four is, but I think a tactical board game would be freaking incredible. Let's move Tachyon all the way across the environment in one action!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HikariStarshine wrote:
I know this isn't likely to be what Expansion Four is, but I think a tactical board game would be freaking incredible. Let's move Tachyon all the way across the environment in one action!

It would give me an excuse to dust off the hold HeroClix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fractal Energy
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The possibilities for what's to come are really exciting.

My biggest fear though is now that of a game producer making a big "change of direction" that alienates/replaces the people who bought all the original products.

I can't wait to see who Absolute Zero's nemesis is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
logan_mann wrote:
Expansion 4

It has been revealed that expansion 4 will be different then 1-3 and take the game in a new direction. I wonder if Expansion 3 will wrap up phase 1 if you will and if expansion 4 will focus on something else entirely. Possibly not adding characters at all but some other aspect of gameplay. Scenarios...mega bosses...campaign play...team vs team play...etc. Could this be done and still add more to the characters and games yes, but it seems like a game changing expansion is a good transition point. Maybe expansion 4 is a whole new core game and does another 4 environments, 10 heros, 4 villains. Maybe it's the same characters of the base game but all heroes as villains and vice versa, representing another universe? I don't know, but its fun to speculate on.

What do you think could be coming in the future of Sentinels?

What would you like to see?

What aspects of comic story telling do you think it would be fun to see come out in the game?
I believe it is expansion 5 that will dramatically change the game, not expansion 4, however I do believe that expansion 4 will have a large box that fits all the currently (up to expansion 4) cards. Probably a Thunderstone base game sized box with 3 dividers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Badell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Keep on saving the Multiverse!
mbmbmbmbmb
logan_mann wrote:

Thematically it involves Space and Time.

It does?

Space?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Crimson_Phoenix wrote:
I believe it is expansion 5 that will dramatically change the game, not expansion 4, however I do believe that expansion 4 will have a large box that fits all the currently (up to expansion 4) cards. Probably a Thunderstone base game sized box with 3 dividers.

http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/comment/10007#comment-10...

Christopher wrote:
The next one will be the same size as Rook City and Infernal Relics, so it'll hold itself. But the one after that will be Distinctly Different, both in box and in contents.

Expansion 4 will have a different box than the previous expansions (and probably different than the EE box), and will have different content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Lalyman
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
I think that once "enough" heroes/villains/environment will be available, we may see "campaign" rules.
After all, the game is "thought" as if the FF and other comics were real published comic books, and the game was a "derived" product about the heroes of these comics.
Building rules for playing the whole "publication line" and including the fights in "story arcs" where characters and teams evolve, have relationships, follow long term goals, disband, and so on would complete the "you are now reading Fantastic Five #82 to 95!" feel of the game

In other words : the game still misses a few superhero tropes, mainly those about their evolutions, conflicts, continuity problems and so on, and I think it may very well be the basis for future "new gameplay" expansions...

(Ho "Bob", how it is hard to express my ideas in english...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Mann
United States
Spanish Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...I guess I had it as Time and Space from some previous comment, but looking again at the Create a Villain contest "the next set is based on time travel and alternate realities" so correction...not Space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheSoundOfTrees wrote:
I think that once "enough" heroes/villains/environment will be available, we may see "campaign" rules.
After all, the game is "thought" as if the FF and other comics were real published comic books, and the game was a "derived" product about the heroes of these comics.
Building rules for playing the whole "publication line" and including the fights in "story arcs" where characters and teams evolve, have relationships, follow long term goals, disband, and so on would complete the "you are now reading Fantastic Five #82 to 95!" feel of the game

In other words : the game still misses a few superhero tropes, mainly those about their evolutions, conflicts, continuity problems and so on, and I think it may very well be the basis for future "new gameplay" expansions...
I actually really hope they do something like this, where they really implement the "story challenges" and bring it up to the next level - a continuous campaign. That would be pretty freakin' awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

California
msg tools
I'm guessing they're going to do something along the lines of Justice League Unlimited when they were the Justice Lords. At least that's the feeling I get when I see The Visionary's Prophetic Vision card.

I'd also love to see a What-If/Elseworld's tale something along the lines of Old Man Logan or Kingdom Come. And something like Marvel Cosmic because I love Starlin's run of Marvel Cosmic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a wild speculation, without ever having played this game so far (although my kickstarter package is sitting right next to me, waiting to be opened):

"Epic game mode" where 8+ heroes try to take down an extremely difficult villain / team of villains. Or something similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Skjoldulfr wrote:
logan_mann wrote:

Thematically it involves Space and Time.

It does?

Space?

I think this could be a hint. Cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.