Jose Negron

New Hyde Park
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Summoner Wars and I am intrigued by this game. The only issue I could see for my gaming group is the fact you have the ability to go through your entire deck, which can lead to AP.

Has anyone tried to play this by using your custom deck as a deck (ie summoner wars and magic aka shuffling) instead of playing it as a spellbook (where you can hand pick your cards)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fortune
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea. I would love to see comments on this from experienced players. This might help speed the game up for new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Williams
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has come up elsewhere in this forum. The designer noted that this is really a minis game using cards. If you want to randomize, you can have sequential pages set up to be available in sequential turns, then return to beginning when done.

But I think you would be missing a huge part of the game. While it is true that with well experienced players the planning, or card selection, phase of the game would be the longest, I don't see it as being a problem. And AP bothers me. I think this will play out more as the diabolical answer to the sinister plot your opponent has hatched for your untimely demise. Even in learning games, we're talking 45-60 seconds for card selection. And keep in mind that the selection is happening simultaneously, not sequentially.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rock lobster
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
no.

I like Summoner Wars, but "lucky" EventCardVeins can ruin two hours of well-played strategy. With hardly any restrictions, cost-to-play, or event-per-turn-limit.

If Summoner Wars and Mage Wars were both Pinot Noir... Mage Wars is sipping it slowly from crystal glassware *and* Summoner Wars is drinking it straight out of the bottle in the back of a '87 VW Golf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.