Subject: C&K and 15 Anniversary Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife just gave me the 15 anniversary edition as a birthday gift, I am so happy, as many of you I was introduced to euro gaming thanks to Catan, I have owned the 4th edition for many years and played lots of times, but always wanted to own the 15 anniversary, but I also wanted to expand to C&K.

Are both compatible? Can I sell/give away my old 4th edition and just get C&K and combined with the 15 anniversary? As far as I saw from a C&K picture you can simply combine both, there are no resource tiles in C&K that couldn't match to the wood tiles in 15's edition.

I'll appreciate your suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Driggers
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 15th anniversary edition and C&K, and they are only partially compatible. The cards in the 15th A. Edition are the cards used in the European editions of the game, and they are smaller than the cards in C&K. So to make C&K fully compatible you will need to buy a set of replacement cards for the basic game. The replacement cards are same size as the cards in C&K. These cards are available in most game stores that carry the Catan games. Also, the 15th A. Edition comes with the Viking style wooden pieces, which means the metropolis gate-shaped piece from C&K won't fit over the city piece properly. I did not find this to be problem, as you can place the metropolis "gate" just in front of your city over the connecting road piece which will hold it in place.

[Edit]. Actually, since you already have the 4th Edition you could just keep the cards from that to use with your 15th A. Edition when you play C&K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy the Viking style wooden pieces for C&K in the Catan Shop: http://www.catanshop.com/Viking-Wood-Cities-Knights-set-for-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ik ben een kleine boefje
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
2006/2011 (Amsterdam - Maastricht - Apeldoorn - Den Haag -Delft) Vijf jaar dat ik ga nooit vergeten.
badge
Warning: Very handsome user.
mbmbmbmbmb
In such case if I own the 15th anniversary edition and the european version of CK I asume that I won´t need any more purchases...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.