Manuel Fonseca
msg tools
Hello,

I have the Civilization Board game without the expansion, anda have some questions.

1) When in combat I use the Tech that give my unit 3 of strengh this is just fighting the first unit? And when done i remove the Iron. I must count with the iron to combat bonus?

2) When destroing a build I must be with a figures in that square?

3) When obsolete a wonder i must be in the square of the wonder?

4) I don't won't the wonder or building that I make, can I destroy it?

5) I have a great person and I want him in my hand can I pick it from the city?

6) In all battles I must count the bonus and win just because of the fact that my bonus is bigger than the opponent?

Sorry if any question isn't to well explained, if need i can try to explain better.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Grey
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. the iron +3 bonus stays in effect for the entire combat round

2. only if it says that you need to have unit within a certain number of spaces

3. no

4. you bust build over it

5. yes at the start of turn phase

6. combat bonus = (your combat bonus) - (opponents combat bonus)

hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my_game wrote:
1. the iron +3 bonus stays in effect for the entire combat round

To clarify, the card exerts its effect and then the bonus is over. For example: you have Spearman 1 in hand. Your opponent have played a Horseman 3. You play Spearman 1 and pay an Iron to activate Metalworking. The Spearman 1 deals four damage to the Horseman, killing it. Then, your opponent plays Horseman 2, taking just ONE damage and killing your Spearman.

my_game wrote:
5. yes at the start of turn phase

This is incorrect. You cannot pick up a Great Person from your City outskirts. The only way to do so is to build a Building or a Wonder on top of it, or to place another Great Person on top of it.

pedromanuelpinto wrote:
6) In all battles I must count the bonus and win just because of the fact that my bonus is bigger than the opponent?

After both players have played ALL of the Units in their hands, each player sums the Strength of his remaining Units and adds his Combat Bonus. The player with the higher value wins the battle (ties go to the defender). This means you could have no Units and still win the battle, if your Combat Bonus is high enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
First of all, I suggest you download the file The Civilization Bible of Rulings and Clarifications. And please pay attention to the rulebook itself.

1) See item 40 from file above.

2 and 3) Please try to avoid seeing beyond the rules. The culture cards tell you exactly what to do. If you should be there, the cards would tell you so.

4) The rules don't mention this as an option, except when you build over another building. Please refer to page 17.

5) Page 18 from rules tell you all you need to know:
Quote:
If they are replaced (by having a building, wonder,
or another great person placed in their square), they are held in
reserve and returned to the player’s civilization sheet instead of
being discarded. During the Start of Turn Phase of any turn, a
player may place any great people on their civilization sheet back
on the map in the outskirts of any of their cities. Great people
have no effect when not on the map.

6) This is in fact somehow surprising for people who are learning the game. The answer: yes!

Feel free to contact me in Portuguese about the game... talvez possamos nos entender melhor!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Berger
Germany
Eitensheim
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sry just New to this Game and i'm still unsure whether a Wonder does Really Cover the whole Square in terms of collecting resources, Symbols etc. In the Rulebook (page 17) it's stated that wonders are Not treated the Same Way as buildings.
So i'd say wonders does Not Cover whole Square. This would at least justify the Special Shaped corners of the wonder Tokens.

Any help is appreciated to enlight me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They absolutely do cover the entire square. I think it is in the FAQ, but it has definitely been asked and answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any token covers the entire square (buildings, great people, wonders, disasters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Berger
Germany
Eitensheim
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. 2:1 i'm completly convinced

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.