Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up this evening:

Let's suppose I have got 5 cards in my hand and 0 cards in my deck, and I had chosen the "Long Night" tactic.

I decide to play my turn, and play just 3 cards from my hand.

Can I apply the effects of Long Night before I clean my playing area, i.e. before I put the 3 cards I played into the discard deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you may do this. The text on the Long Night card says you may flip it when your deed deck is empty. In the example you gave, your deed deck is empty before you clean your playing area, so clearly you may choose whether to flip Long Night before or after those 3 cards go to your discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, what about doing it when you've put some of those cards into your discard pile, but not finished putting all of those cards there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
I don't believe that this is a process broken into moving cards 1 at a time.

(excepting cards like improvisation, also the exact timing on crystal joy might be interesting.)

In the "Deed cards" and the "end of turn" sections it says.
Rules Quote wrote:
Deed Cards - At the end of the turn, all played Deed cards go to your discard pile. Unplayed cards remain in your hand, unless you decide to discard one or more of them.

End of Turn - b. Put all cards played this turn into your discard pile.

I read this to mean that they are not move in individually, but as a group.

Any other solution would also contain the complexity of which order do they go to the discard pile in? FIFO, FILO, or any order of my choice?

So I read the word "all" to mean they are moved as a stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.