Ray Wilsey
United States
Slums of Northville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An odd situation has arisen. The Americain player researched Agriculture and expanded his Capitol towards his previously played Great Person.

Should the American still be retain 1 trade for that Humanitarian's coin?

Normally one receives the coin as soon as the tech (Metal Casting) or the Metropolis expands (ex. Greeks & Germans). Should the reverse hold true as well? Metropolis expands, return Person to the American sheet, loose out on benefits of said coin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You pay for the Trade at the same time the Metropolis expands. You retain the Coin from the Great Person, then he returns to the Civilization mat.

Edit: This is incorrect. Kevin Wilson's response on the next post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Wilsey
United States
Slums of Northville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
You pay for the Trade at the same time the Metropolis expands. You retain the Coin from the Great Person, then he returns to the Civilization mat.

I saw your posting regarding Kevin Wilson responding. He replied to my question as well.

Quote:
When a great person is 'built over', it is removed from the board and ceases to provide benefits to that player (and yes, like techs that give you a coin, losing a coin takes effect immediately as well). It may be replayed on the board in any legal space during the player's Start of Turn, however. at which point the coin would come back. -Kevin Wilson
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Genghis_Ray wrote:
IirionClaus wrote:

I saw your posting regarding Kevin Wilson responding. He replied to my question as well.

Quote:
When a great person is 'built over', it is removed from the board and ceases to provide benefits to that player (and yes, like techs that give you a coin, losing a coin takes effect immediately as well). It may be replayed on the board in any legal space during the player's Start of Turn, however. at which point the coin would come back. -Kevin Wilson

Updated my reply accordingly. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.