Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://i.imgur.com/p1qxJ.jpg

Just finished this game as Jinteki. The whole match I couldn't touch the runner. He was playing super carefully, had Wyldside's in play to buffer himself and I had no money engine whatsoever (not a single pad campaign or mélange) so I was just advancing traps slowly, hoping to get him to run on one. Unfortunately he didn't. I had just one single private security force among the traps, which I'd advanced 3 times already.

So the runner goes against my R&D (playing it safe again) where a hidden Ichi was waiting. That was their 2nd click + 1 from Wyldside, so they had only 1 left. They use all their money + clicks to break the two trash program subroutines (they had nested djinns), and let me do some brain dmg and trace. 2 cards left. I guess he wasn't expecting me to do much with 1 tag and 1 credit.

So next turn, I spend my last credit to advance the security force, I score it for 1 dmg and use it to do 2 more damage to flatline with meat damage.

I couldn't believe I actually won against a rig like that >_
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love hearing stories like this. Besides being exciting, they remind me of how many ways you can be surprised in this game. I love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Malakai
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Without doubt, A:NR's the best CG I've ever played.
I love it, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bergeron
United States
Sulphur
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DBZero knows how to lay traps...I know...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cilantro V
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
And now, from the "Holy shit I don't believe I lost this file":

ever have one of those turns where the runner access R&D three times in a row and pulls two Priority Reqs and an Accelerated Beta Test out of a 32- card deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bricker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
CIlantr0 wrote:
And now, from the "Holy shit I don't believe I lost this file":

ever have one of those turns where the runner access R&D three times in a row and pulls two Priority Reqs and an Accelerated Beta Test out of a 32- card deck?

Yes. And then I realized you should ICE R&D every game. Every. Game. O.o shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cilantro V
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
That doesn't explain how I managed to not score any agendas on an 11-card R&D access recently

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Jekel
Poland
Torun
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played with Anarchs agains HB with a well developed and protected servers. One credit in my pool after the last-turn failed attempt to score an agenda and score 3:5. I gained 3 credits by playing an event as my first action, than installed Datasucker and Medium to discard two cards from the Corp R&D and ran the Archives with my last action finding 2 agendas and winning the game. The opponent was aware of one agenda, which presumably was there for a few turns, but he did not want to spread himself too thin and went for aggressive scoring. Winning games with slim chances for success are the ones we remember well and it was one of such moments.

I like it that each runner has such tricks up his sleeve. The Corp player can never be entirely sure if his defense will be enough to stop the intruder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Blahut
Hungary
Békéscsaba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played HB against Criminal runner, starter decks. Can't remember all the specifics, because it was 2 weeks ago, but here it goes.

I had two ICE and two agenda cards in my initial draw. I almost kept it, but then I mulliganed. I drew 3 agendas. I drew another agenda in my first turn. I managed to ice my HQ. Runner hit R&D on his first turn, and immediately stole an agenda.
I'm not sure now how I got there, but at the beginning of my third turn I had 5 agendas in my hand and nothing else. Only the one ice on the table; hadn't seen another one. Fun times. I lost 0 to 10, in case you're wondering.

(And yes, I shuffled the deck thoroughly, as always, it was just a freakish draw.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bergeron
United States
Sulphur
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Criminal against Jinteki on OCTGN.
Facing a Wall of Thorns, I attempted to break the routines:
2 net damage.
End the run.
When I finished, I did 2 net damage to the corp!
I tried again and another 2 net damage went to the corp.
I conceded in embarrassment and my opponent had a good laugh.
He was cool about it.
I don't know what I did wrong! yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Wimpgod wrote:
2 net damage.
End the run.
He was cool about it.

I don't understand. Corps don't take net damage, only runners. Or did you mean you ran it twice without the breaker and flatlined yourself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bergeron
United States
Sulphur
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
Wimpgod wrote:
2 net damage.
End the run.
He was cool about it.
I don't understand. Corps don't take net damage, only runners. Or did you mean you ran it twice without the breaker and flatlined yourself?

I clicked the options to break the ice twice and both times the corp received the net damage. I don't know what happened. I did something wrong,obviously.
Maybe someone can give me an explanation...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Blahut
Hungary
Békéscsaba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, sorry, wrong thread.

cirroid wrote:
I played HB against Criminal runner, starter decks. Can't remember all the specifics, because it was 2 weeks ago, but here it goes.

I had two ICE and two agenda cards in my initial draw. I almost kept it, but then I mulliganed. I drew 3 agendas. I drew another agenda in my first turn. I managed to ice my HQ. Runner hit R&D on his first turn, and immediately stole an agenda.
I'm not sure now how I got there, but at the beginning of my third turn I had 5 agendas in my hand and nothing else. Only the one ice on the table; hadn't seen another one. Fun times. I lost 0 to 10, in case you're wondering.

(And yes, I shuffled the deck thoroughly, as always, it was just a freakish draw.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wimpgod wrote:
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
Wimpgod wrote:
2 net damage.
End the run.
He was cool about it.

I clicked the options to break the ice twice and both times the corp received the net damage. I don't know what happened. I did something wrong,obviously.

How long ago was that? I've seen this bug only with Heimdall, at an old version, but not with Wall of Thorns

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bergeron
United States
Sulphur
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DbZer0 wrote:
Wimpgod wrote:
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
Wimpgod wrote:
2 net damage.
End the run.
He was cool about it.

How long ago was that? I've seen this bug only with Heimdall, at an old version, but not with Wall of Thorns

Sunday, the 7th, Oct.
When I clicked on the wall, it showed a box and offered for me to take control of it and I did, then clicked to break the subroutines.
I didn't know about a bug until you mentioned it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wimpgod wrote:
DbZer0 wrote:
Wimpgod wrote:
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
Wimpgod wrote:
2 net damage.
End the run.
He was cool about it.

Sunday, the 7th, Oct.
When I clicked on the wall, it showed a box and offered for me to take control of it and I did, then clicked to break the subroutines.

Haha, that's not a bug, that's the way the code works!

Why did you take control of the ICE and use it anyway? You're a runner, you're not allowed to do that! >_<

To break the subroutines, just double-click your icebreakers, not the enemy ICE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Bergeron
United States
Sulphur
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DbZer0 wrote:
Wimpgod wrote:
DbZer0 wrote:
Wimpgod wrote:
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
Wimpgod wrote:
2 net damage.
End the run.
He was cool about it.

Sunday, the 7th, Oct.

Haha, that's not a bug, that's the way the code works!

Why did you take control of the ICE and use it anyway? You're a runner, you're not allowed to do that! >_<

To break the subroutines, just double-click your icebreakers, not the enemy ICE.

Wimpgod = WeefleRunner.... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric F
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
RTFM!
mbmbmbmb
DbZer0 wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/p1qxJ.jpg

Just finished this game as Jinteki. The whole match I couldn't touch the runner. He was playing super carefully, had Wyldside's in play to buffer himself and I had no money engine whatsoever (not a single pad campaign or mélange) so I was just advancing traps slowly, hoping to get him to run on one. Unfortunately he didn't. I had just one single private security force among the traps, which I'd advanced 3 times already.

So the runner goes against my R&D (playing it safe again) where a hidden Ichi was waiting. That was their 2nd click + 1 from Wyldside, so they had only 1 left. They use all their money + clicks to break the two trash program subroutines (they had nested djinns), and let me do some brain dmg and trace. 2 cards left. I guess he wasn't expecting me to do much with 1 tag and 1 credit.

So next turn, I spend my last credit to advance the security force, I score it for 1 dmg and use it to do 2 more damage to flatline with meat damage.

I couldn't believe I actually won against a rig like that >_

Needs more exposed ICE! I want to see what really really dire straits you were in at the end!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the 0 credits I had, I don't think it matters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.