Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Mage Knight» Forums » General

Subject: Mage Knight Minions a good value? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I wish I could leave my bones and my skin and float over the tired, tired sea, so that I could see you again
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered a case of Mage Knight Dungeons: Pyramid boosters. I was accidentally sent a case of Mage Knight Minions boosters. (48 boosters in a case.)

The company is checking its inventory to see if it can send me what I wanted originally (and will refund me if not.) I hope that will work out. The company also has offered to have the Minions case picked up or let me keep it for $40.

Now, I don't really play "true" miniatures games (without boards.) I don't need the Minions stuff. But I'm wondering if this is a good enough deal that I should take it and use it for trade stock (unopened or opened), or maybe there are nice rares that I am likely to get that I could sell on eBay. Or can they be, with a little fudging, be used with MK Dungeons?

I'm inclined to have it sent back. But maybe there's a good reason to keep it? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick search brought up this page, which has a nice checklist of everything that's in the set. There are a number of good (or at least neat) Mage Spawn in the set (Wereravens, Chimeric Worms, Spine Suckers, Stalking Skeletons, etc.), and several of the others would work fairly well in Dungeons... but you're not going to get any Heroes or treasure chests, and you'll probably have a bunch of figures you can't really use.

Personally I'd probably have it sent back, but if you've got a spare $40 and/or you're just looking to build up your collection of figures it may be worth it to keep them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.