Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feeling similar to this guy: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/738518/not-sure-if-my-re...

Doctor spent three turns arguing with a Steward (e152) on the Titanic when someone was brutally killed (e151) which I felt should just cancel the steward for the bit while doctor investigated. A robot roamed past. The doctor investigated some more.

I can just keep investigating the corpse until I get a result right? It's not just one turn is it? Especially if I get the +1 to your next roll result.

Eventually an Auton snuck up behind and kidnapped Cora (e127) while the Doctor was busy checking out the corpse. Doctor then got into an argument with the steward again.

Now this was result 1-2 on the Auton (v500) encounter table. That's all that happens on that roll? Your ally is carried of to v500a. No chance of escape/rescue like e059. They are just carried off until you are captured or make it to the lair. If you don't have an ally nothing would happen on this roll, right?

The Doctor then got arrested by the Steward for crashing a VIP party (didn't really like us much that guy, I bet he had a goatee). Spent two turns breaking out of the Titanic's brig, to run into the Autons in force. Surrendered taken to v500a (meet up with Cora again).

Doctor says hi, and runs away leaving Cora to be put on death row. Now Turn 11 and still can't reveal a goal. Cora isn't killed yet. But doctor bumbles around first breaking a computer trying to find information, and then being caught again snooping in the Stewards room (Seek Information with thief).

Game ends. Failure at Turn 12. Cora on death row with the Autons and the Doctor awaiting punishment at the hands of the crew of the SS Titanic and their goatee touting steward. Enemy had been revealed but no goal. (And for those wanting to know I had earned 0 DM too).

If no enemy had been revealed then what? (Yay! Holiday Xmas adventure special!)

Do I roll for a goal and take the penalty for that? Does Cora escape unscathed from the Auton lair? Does the Doctor escape unscathed from the Titanic brig?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tough break.

Roll for the Goal for point loss reasons and then if you can take that hit, everyone gets out. If not, roll 1D6 for losing the adventure on r305.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. I thought so.

Everybody dies it is.

I had no luck left (spent it trying to get some better rolls to no avail) and so could not quite take anything.

What about if no enemy was revealed by some insane stroke of dice rolling?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And what about the Auton v500 1-2 result ally capture? Is this a special capture with no rescue/escape?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.