United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
www.earthbanana.com
badge
Damn, it feels good to be a hamster!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fiiiiiiiiiiiiinally done building my house and got my family moved in this last weekend. It marks the end of a year and a half project for me that I am very happy to finally see end. Since last Christmas I've been on somewhat of a gaming hiatus with most of my stuff packed in storage. This last Saturday I brought in my couple boxes and unpacked them into our new game/craft room we added on. I'm pretty excited about getting back into the hobby and actually taking some time to enjoy my evenings again. Also excited about being able to read and post on BGG again. To mark the occasion I've decided to make a list of the things I'm really looking forward to the next couple of months.

1) Building and playing on some massive freakin Heroscape maps - I love this game and I have definitely been missing it. I bought 4-5 Heroscape lots on eBay last winter and I never even got a chance to open them up. Just unpacked them this weekend and didn't even remember what I had ordered. It was like my pre-Christmas Christmas.

2) Building a game table that is able to hold my massive Heroscape maps (see # 1) - I've been wanting to build a game table for a while. I got a place now where I can actually work on a project like that so I'm going to try it out. I'm going to have to find some cup holders that I can inset into the wood. I hear that beer and Heroscape mix well.

3) Jack Vasel Memorial Auction - Last year was the first year I've participated in this auction, and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. It's a great atmosphere and really gets you in the mood for the holidays. BGG is a great community and I am looking forward to bidding on and listing some items this year.

4) Mountains of Madness pt.2 - Not sure what the next site wide RPG is going to be called (or if they have even announced it yet), but I have pretty much been waiting for it to start since the last one ended. That thing was a blast and if it hadn't been for that damn Minotaur I would have made it to the end. Oh well, I'm looking forward to playing again SOON.

5) Going through the stack of unplayed Board Games - So far on the shelf I've accumulated a copy of Game of Thrones (second edition), Battlestar Galactica, Descent (first edition still in shrink), Mansions of Madness, Nightfall, Race for the Galaxy: Gathering Storm, plus I've got Agents of SMERSH & Gunship: First Strike on there way from a Kickstarter order. Pretty much got about a week of rule books to read.

6) Building some custom wooden boxes for a couple games that got water damage in storage - Power Grid, Axis and Allies, and my Cities and Knights expansion boxes all got ruined. Figured I would take this chance to try my hand at some custom game boxes. I've been wanting to get my Dominion collection all in one box anyways so it will give me a good reason to work on it this winter.

7) Sitting around my new house with family, friends, and a mug of green tea just hanging out and playing some games!

That's what I'm looking forward to for the next couple months. Let me know if your really looking forward to something in the foreseeable future
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Roy
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bournizzle wrote:
4) Mountains of Madness pt.2 - Not sure what the next site wide RPG is going to be called (or if they have even announced it yet), but I have pretty much been waiting for it to start since the last one ended. That thing was a blast and if it hadn't been for that damn Minotaur I would have made it to the end. Oh well, I'm looking forward to playing again SOON.

I'm guessing you missed Gaucho, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bourne
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
www.earthbanana.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I've pretty much missed anything that has happened in the last six months. Just took a look at it and it looks awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Roy
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bournizzle wrote:
Yeah, I've pretty much missed anything that has happened in the last six months. Just took a look at it and it looks awesome.

You can still download and run the game (but it's too late to get the microbadges).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
bournizzle wrote:

Also, they have started a Whole Interactive Fiction group over at RPGgeek and from what I've seen they have got some pretty awesome Text-adventure RPGs over there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bourne
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
www.earthbanana.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Good to know. Anything else exciting happen while I was gone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
bournizzle wrote:
That's what I'm looking forward to for the next couple months. Let me know if your really looking forward to something in the foreseeable future

Essen Spiel 2012. I'll flit around like a scorched hen, but for some reason or another I kind of like that. My only peeve is that we're too tired to play games in the evenings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my kickstarted game and want to really sink into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This month:
Mice and Mystics

November:
Strike of the Eagle
Band of Brothers: Screaming Eagles
Eclipse: Rise of the Ancients
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Gunship: First Strike! A hit on Kickstarter and soon available as a PreOrder!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Alex

You'll have Gunship: First Strike! soon enough!

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to Tahiti and Top This! A Pizza Flicking Game getting here.

Also looking forward to being able to actually play some games, now that The House Drama/Move From Hell, and The Wedding are almost over.

Now that The New Job gets me on a more reliable schedule in +/- 3 weeks time I should have plenty of time for game group get togethers. Oh, also looking forward to checking out Vegas game shops when I'm down there on the 21st
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bourne
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
www.earthbanana.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
puggeroni wrote:

Also looking forward to being able to actually play some games, now that The House Drama/Move From Hell, and The Wedding are almost over.

Ha, sounds like your summer was about like mine. We were invited to eight weddings this summer. Luckily I got out of all but two of them. Not bad if you ask me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bournizzle wrote:
Let me know if your really looking forward to something in the foreseeable future

* Going on a date with a certain girl
* Going to Essen
* Putting my new games to use

In that order of importance and - hopefully - in that order of occurrence too. And since this is "General Gaming": If everything goes well some form of play should be involved in all three instances.

Now get your minds out of the gutter again. I'm thinking about visiting a cat shelter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bourne
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
www.earthbanana.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I've just been informed that I am a runner up in the recent Czech Games contest. Figured I would start my return to the Geek off with a bang. Now I guess I'll have to stop complaining about never winning anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.