Subject: HKSW 13/10/2012 Meeting (SOM Wanchai) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cheuk ki ho
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Photos of last meeting:
http://www.facebook.com/sinkaman#!/media/set/?set=oa.1015116...
http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.1015116474240915...

After Action Report on last meeting:
http://www.kornhill-boardgame.org/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=394...

Event proposal for the coming meeting
WE SHALL HOLD OUR MEETING on 13 October, 2012 at Senior Officer Mess, Police HQ, Caine House, Arsenal Street from 12:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

For indication, we have the following games hosted (subject to amendment and cancellation by the organisers):

(A) Competitions
(1) HKSW DBMM240 Competition Round 1 & 2 (organiser: James Cheung)
Registered Participants: Herbert Wong, Christopher Chu, James Cheung, Cheung Kar Fai, Philip Ngo, Hermann Ng, Alex Ho, Andrew Lam, George Wellington, Paul Garnham, Lawrence Ho

So far 6 participants have sumbitted their army list for checking. They are:
Christoper, Philip, George, Andreas, Lawrence and Alex
The submitted lists are checked and passed except for Alex's list which needs revision.
For those who wish to join the competition, please be reminded that the army list has to be submitted to me for checking on or before this Saturday, i.e. 6/10.

James

(B) Board Wargame
(1) Sword of Rome (organiser: Lawrence Ho)
Participants: Chan Kai Biu, Simon Lai, Angus Lee, Henry Yan, Lai Lap Wan,
Game start at 12:30 p.m.

(C) Miniatures Wargames

So Far the following members/friends have indicated that they are coming in this meeting:
17 Members: Lawrence Ho, Herbert Wong, Christopher Chu, James Cheung, Cheung Kar Fai, Philip Ngo, Hermann Ng, Alex Ho, Andrew Lam, George Wellington, Paul Garnham, Lawrence Ho, Chan Kai Biu, Simon Lai, Angus Lee, Henry Yan, Lai Lap Wan, Damien Henniken
0 Visitor:

TRAVELLING INFORMATION
Senior Police Officers' Mess, Caine House, Arsenal Street , Wanchai (6/F of the old building)
Please find the hyperlink to a map showing the location.
http://www.hksw.org/HKSW%20venue.htm

Upon arriving at the entrance (i.e. open car park) of Caine House, there is a small guard house, you are required to register as a visitor to the Police facilities, tell the guard that you are visitor to the Hong Kong Society of Wargamers. He will ask you for your ID card (passport) to write down your name and ID no. and then he will give you a pass. Go straight ahead to the main entrance of the building, turn left, there are two elevators. press 6. After leaving turn left, walk straight ahead and turn left again. Walk straight ahead and you will arrive at the sitting room and then go through the entrance, you will arrive at the Mess and find us.

Our Meeting Schedules for the last quarter of 2012
13th October: (Senior Officer Mess, Wanchai)
20th October: (KITEK Meeting Room 732-733)
17th November: (KITEK Meeting Room 727-728)
3rd November: (Senior Officer Mess, Wanchai)
1st December: (Senior Officer Mess, Wanchai)
15th December: (KITEK Meeting Room 732-733)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear All,

Please find the details of the upcoming HKSW 240AP DBMM Competition to be held at our meetings on 13/10/2012 & 20/10/2012. There will be two trophies, one for the winner and the other for the runner-up. An entry fee of HK$40.00 will be levied and payable to Dragon Painting. However, each players will receive a souvenir (worth more than HK$40) painted by Dragon Painting after the competition.

Should you desire to participate, please let James know. The following members have already registered to participate in the competition: James Cheung, Herbert Wong, Christopher Chu, Philip Ngo, Lawrence Ho, Cheung Kar Fai, Andrew Lam, Alex Ho.

In case you do not have an army but want to participate in the competition, please let me know. James and I may be able to bring along two to three extra armies with prior arrangement.

With Best Regards,

Lawrence Ho

Repeating James' Message as follows:
DBMM240 is fast paced and action can be seen in 2nd bound. Since maneuver is fewer and luck may be a more important factor. This is more favourable to new comer for DBMM and thus they may have a better chance in fighting against experienced players.

Thus I propose to use DBMM240 as the format of the coming DBMM competition. My aim is each participant can play at least 2 games. The followings are some of the basic rules of the coming competition.

1.Date : 1st and 2nd meeting in October, i.e.13/10 & 20/10
2.Time : First game started on each day : About 14:00
3.Format : Double-Elimination, i.e. players will only out of the competition if he/she lose 2 games. Participants will be seeded based on their performance in the past competition. Winners of the first round will go to winner Bracket (W Bracket) and the losers will go to Loser Bracket (L bracket). The losers of the subsequent rounds in the W Bracket will drop to L Bracket. A sample competition is as per the attachment.
Number of players : 8-12. If there is enough players then I will not participate in the competition and act as umpire and list checker.
4.Entry Fee : An entry fee of HK$40.00 will be levied and payable to Dragon Painting. However, each players will receive a souvenir painted by Dragon Painting after the competition.
5.The army selection period is from 500BC to 475 AD (i.e. mainly Book 2 armies but some Book 1 or Book 3 armies covered the same period can also be used)
6.Army lists minimum and maximum are halved, as halved is the commanders bonus cost, e.g. Regular General costs 10AP instead of 20AP, Brilliant General cost 12AP instead of 25AP, and etc.
7.Each army can have a maximum of 3 commands.
8.Lists submitted must not exceed 240APs. Scale is 15mm.
9.Participants need to submit his/her army list to List checker (James Cheung) on or before 6/10/2012 m for checking.
10.Table size is 120cm x 90cm.
11.The number of terrain choice is reduced by 1, i.e. invaded can choose 0-1FE while defender can choose 1-3FE. Each player can choose only one 1 FE area feature. Other area feature must be in 1/2 FE.
12.The no-deployment and skirmish zones are halved, i.e. from 20cm to 10cm. The deployment distance from the middle line is also halved, i.e. 6 cm and 10 cm respectively.
13.No night attack is allowed but weather and visibility rules are played as normal
14.The rules to be used are DBMM version 2.0 with any current official errata and clarifications. This is currently in the form of the Commentary available on the DBMM Forum.
Anyone who want to join the competition please send his/her army list to me by emaiil on or before 6/10/2012 for checking.

The submitted lists are checked and passed except for Alex's list which needs revision.
For those who wish to join the competition, please be reminded that the army list has to be submitted to me for checking on or before this Saturday, i.e. 6/10.
James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cheuk ki ho
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Photos of last meeting:

WE SHALL HOLD OUR MEETING on 13 October, 2012 at Senior Officer Mess, Police HQ, Caine House, Arsenal Street from 12:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

For indication, we have the following games hosted (subject to amendment and cancellation by the organisers):

(A) Competitions
Registered Participants: Herbert Wong, Christopher Chu, James Cheung, Cheung Kar Fai, Philip Ngo, Hermann Ng, Alex Ho, Andrew Lam, George Wellington, Paul Garnham, Lawrence Ho

James

(B) Board Wargame

(2) 項羽和劉邦 Japanese Magazine Game (organiser: Ho Fu Cheong)
Participants: Ho Fu Cheong, Anthony Lee

(C) Miniatures Wargames

So Far the following members/friends have indicated that they are coming in this meeting:
19 Members: Lawrence Ho, Herbert Wong, Christopher Chu, James Cheung, Cheung Kar Fai, Philip Ngo, Hermann Ng, Alex Ho, Andrew Lam, George Wellington, Paul Garnham, Lawrence Ho, Chan Kai Biu, Simon Lai, Angus Lee, Henry Yan, Lai Lap Wan, Damien Henniken, Ho Fu Cheong, Anthony Lee
0 Visitor:

TRAVELLING INFORMATION
Senior Police Officers' Mess, Caine House, Arsenal Street , Wanchai (6/F of the old building)

Upon arriving at the entrance (i.e. open car park) of Caine House, there is a small guard house, you are required to register as a visitor to the Police facilities, tell the guard that you are visitor to the Hong Kong Society of Wargamers. He will ask you for your ID card (passport) to write down your name and ID no. and then he will give you a pass. Go straight ahead to the main entrance of the building, turn left, there are two elevators. press 6. After leaving turn left, walk straight ahead and turn left again. Walk straight ahead and you will arrive at the sitting room and then go through the entrance, you will arrive at the Mess and find us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear All,

Please find the details of the upcoming HKSW 240AP DBMM Competition to be held at our meetings on 13/10/2012 & 20/10/2012. There will be two trophies, one for the winner and the other for the runner-up. An entry fee of HK$40.00 will be levied and payable to Dragon Painting. However, each players will receive a souvenir (worth more than HK$40) painted by Dragon Painting after the competition.

Should you desire to participate, please let James know. The following members have already registered to participate in the competition: James Cheung, Herbert Wong, Christopher Chu, Philip Ngo, Lawrence Ho, Cheung Kar Fai, Andrew Lam, Alex Ho.

In case you do not have an army but want to participate in the competition, please let me know. James and I may be able to bring along two to three extra armies with prior arrangement.

With Best Regards,

Lawrence Ho

DBMM240 is fast paced and action can be seen in 2nd bound. Since maneuver is fewer and luck may be a more important factor. This is more favourable to new comer for DBMM and thus they may have a better chance in fighting against experienced players.

Thus I propose to use DBMM240 as the format of the coming DBMM competition. My aim is each participant can play at least 2 games. The followings are some of the basic rules of the coming competition.

3.Format : Double-Elimination, i.e. players will only out of the competition if he/she lose 2 games. Participants will be seeded based on their performance in the past competition. Winners of the first round will go to winner Bracket (W Bracket) and the losers will go to Loser Bracket (L bracket). The losers of the subsequent rounds in the W Bracket will drop to L Bracket. A sample competition is as per the attachment.
Number of players : 8-12. If there is enough players then I will not participate in the competition and act as umpire and list checker.
4.Entry Fee : An entry fee of HK$40.00 will be levied and payable to Dragon Painting. However, each players will receive a souvenir painted by Dragon Painting after the competition.
5.The army selection period is from 500BC to 475 AD (i.e. mainly Book 2 armies but some Book 1 or Book 3 armies covered the same period can also be used)
6.Army lists minimum and maximum are halved, as halved is the commanders bonus cost, e.g. Regular General costs 10AP instead of 20AP, Brilliant General cost 12AP instead of 25AP, and etc.
9.Participants need to submit his/her army list to List checker (James Cheung) on or before 6/10/2012 m for checking.
11.The number of terrain choice is reduced by 1, i.e. invaded can choose 0-1FE while defender can choose 1-3FE. Each player can choose only one 1 FE area feature. Other area feature must be in 1/2 FE.
12.The no-deployment and skirmish zones are halved, i.e. from 20cm to 10cm. The deployment distance from the middle line is also halved, i.e. 6 cm and 10 cm respectively.
13.No night attack is allowed but weather and visibility rules are played as normal
14.The rules to be used are DBMM version 2.0 with any current official errata and clarifications. This is currently in the form of the Commentary available on the DBMM Forum.
Anyone who want to join the competition please send his/her army list to me by emaiil on or before 6/10/2012 for checking.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cheuk ki ho
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Photos of last meeting:

(A) Competitions
Registered Participants: Herbert Wong, Christopher Chu, James Cheung, Cheung Kar Fai, Philip Ngo, Hermann Ng, Alex Ho, Andrew Lam, George Wellington, James Cheung, Lawrence Ho

(B) Board Wargame

(3) Records of Three Kingdoms (organiser: Lawrence Hung)
Participants: Lawrence Hung, Frederick Lai, Jerome Lai

(4) Looking for player
Victor Law is looking for a Board Wargame (preferably WW2 theme), should you be interested, please let Victor know.

(C) Miniatures Wargames
(1) 28mm Pirate Game (organiser: Frankie Li)
Participants: Frankie Li and others

24 Members: Lawrence Ho, Herbert Wong, Christopher Chu, James Cheung, Cheung Kar Fai, Philip Ngo, Hermann Ng, Alex Ho, Andrew Lam, George Wellington, Paul Garnham, Lawrence Ho, Chan Kai Biu, Simon Lai, Angus Lee, Henry Yan, Lai Lap Wan, Damien Henniken, Ho Fu Cheong, Anthony Lee, Lawrence Hung, Jerome Lai, Frederick Lai, Frankie Li, Peter Hunt
0 Visitor:

TRAVELLING INFORMATION

Dear All,

With Best Regards,

Lawrence Ho

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cheuk ki ho
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Photos of last meeting:

(A) Competitions
Registered Participants: Herbert Wong, Christopher Chu, James Cheung, Cheung Kar Fai, Philip Ngo, Hermann Ng, Alex Ho, Andrew Lam, George Wellington, James Cheung, Lawrence Ho

(B) Board Wargame

(3) Records of Three Kingdoms (organiser: Lawrence Hung)
Participants: Lawrence Hung, Frederick Lai, Jerome Lai

(4) Looking for player
Victor Law is looking for a Board Wargame (preferably WW2 theme), should you be interested, please let Victor know.

(6) Descent 2, followed by Star Wars Miniatures Game (organiser: Steve Gardner)
Participants: Ryan Ford, Damien Henniken, Steve Garnder

and then we will play the new star wars miniatures game too

(C) Miniatures Wargames
(1) 28mm Pirate Game (organiser: Frankie Li)
Participants: Frankie Li, Tinz So, Ray Hui and others

30 Members: Lawrence Ho, Herbert Wong, Christopher Chu, James Cheung, Cheung Kar Fai, Philip Ngo, Hermann Ng, Alex Ho, Andrew Lam, George Wellington, Paul Garnham, Lawrence Ho, Chan Kai Biu, Simon Lai, Angus Lee, Henry Yan, Lai Lap Wan, Damien Henniken, Ho Fu Cheong, Anthony Lee, Lawrence Hung, Jerome Lai, Frederick Lai, Frankie Li, Peter Hunt, Ryan Ford, Damien Henniken, Steve Garnder, Sam Kwan

0 Visitor:

TRAVELLING INFORMATION

Dear All,

With Best Regards,

Lawrence Ho

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.