Subject: a set of rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi from Germany,

thanks to all who expressed interest for my ideas about a different Formula 1 game system.

The rules found here cover FORMULA DE.

Let's see ...

Waiting for questions ...

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got stumped on the very first sentence: what's a DYO value? You're also referencing some tables that are never shown.

EDIT: Are you sure you're posting in the right game's forum? The top of the pages say "Speed Circuit", not Formula De. So are you trying to apply SC rules to FD boards or something? I don't know anything about SC so kinda hard to figure this one out :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

the rules apply to both the FORMULA DE and the SPEED CIRCUIT games. I just combined the best elements of both and merged them into one single system.

DYO stands for Design Your Own and represents an option for the selection of the racing course to be played next.
For example: each time you use a specific course, add 1 point to its DYO score.
This way it is ensured that you will play all available racing courses over time.

Thanks for asking.

Cheers
U.L.H.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't you think stuff like that, as well as the referenced Speed Indicator chart, Car Configuration table, Maximum Effort table, and so on, should be in the rules? Otherwise they're pretty useless and make no sense for people not familiar with Speed Circuit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

you don't need SPEED CIRCUIT to use this game system.
I deliberately did not include the tables, etc. This is quite some work to place it in a forum.
I want to see if I can trigger serious interest first.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Kjær
Denmark
Malling
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tuner 13 wrote:
Hi,

you don't need SPEED CIRCUIT to use this game system.

Might be true,but if you do not know speed circuit, the rules you have posted are incomprehensible and might as well have been written in swahili.

I only know FD and the rules makes zero sense to me, there are so many places I have no idea what is going on that if I tried to mention them, I would probably have remembered less than half.

Tor went out of his way to mention all the tables (I think, I have not checked), and your reply was it was too much work.

Sorry, I think it is too much work for me to go buy speed circuit, so I can understand your rules.

If you want FD players to read your rules, understand them and be able to make intelligent remarks on them, you would do well to reread your post and explain every concept that is new to FD.
Until then, I would suggest posting it in Speed Circuit forums instead, I am sure you would get a more positive response.

Edit: inserted missing "not" in the first line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Manuel
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Uwe,

I appreciate you taking the time to post these rules. I am very interested in a quicker version of Formula D.

Question-What rule set are you referring to for the Car Configuration? Formula D, Speed Circuit?

Would love to see your charts more clearly.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emiel Van Marwijk
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uwe,
Are you perhaps using SC rules on Fd tracks?
Because it seems that way.....taking away a lot of what makes Fd the game it is.....wich is great!!
I'm not really sure what your aim is??
The rules for me are SC specific...and not really my cup of tea.
As earlier stated....it takes away a lot of what is FD....2-6 cars?
What about the stops in the corner or are they also gone?
The mentioning of penalty flags reminds me of another great gameMSS
If you could further explain your idea with this then by all means i will be all ears but for now i'm not really jumping for joy.

Best regards,
-Emilio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.