BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » Essen

Subject: Loaded dice in essen? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gabriele romagnoli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does anybody know if someone sell loaded dice in essen?moreover are there 10 sided loaded dice?
Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know for sure but I would try the roleplayer's hall.

I'm pretty sure you can get dice there and I also recall a booth where you could get loaded...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gabriele romagnoli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
great advice thank you very much. Do you recall which numer is the roleplayer's hall?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
This user is a professional crastinator
badge
This user is a professional crastinator
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeonlord wrote:
Do you recall which numer is the roleplayer's hall?

No idea.
But it's right next to the cheaters lock-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember loaded d6 were available at the Koplow booth - IIRC it was in hall 9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The RPG hall is usually hall 6, but yes, one of the dice sellers is often in hall 9. The hall plans are online already, so you can check for yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Where does one use loaded dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of them are from Chessex and I think they might attend.

http://www.rpgshop.com/index.php?subcats=Y&type=extended&sta...

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chessex is at 6-714.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kreikkaturkulainen wrote:

I would think in any game that uses D6. For example in a racing game that uses dice if You take the loaded die and give the other players unloaded ones You come out ahead most of the time.

Or in Settlers of Catan You would build where the "better numbers" are - with loaded dice You can make sure that Catan is less luck-dependent.

Sure the experienced gamers here on BGG would know where to use these dice and could get some hints on how do use them in ways that are not too obvious - You dont want to burden Your gaming buddies with knowledge do You?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeenu wrote:

I would think in any game that uses D6. For example in a racing game that uses dice if You take the loaded die and give the other players unloaded ones You come out ahead most of the time.

Or in Settlers of Catan You would build where the "better numbers" are - with loaded dice You can make sure that Catan is less luck-dependent.

Sure the experienced gamers here on BGG would know where to use these dice and could get some hints on how do use them in ways that are not too obvious - You dont want to burden Your gaming buddies with knowledge do You?
OK. But why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Kolman
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
But why?

Are you REALLY that clueless?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=loaded+dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other good reasons: novelty factor, as an interesting design space for uneven distributions, and dice collections. I've been interested in getting at least one loaded die for mine for a while, but haven't really pursued it. There's non-cheat-y reasons to want one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Webber
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Was a GM in a long running role playing game,

It was a superhero game, and the powers were rolled up on a table.

The player who shall remain nameless managed to roll the Luck power three times - it was a one percent chance - and came in two sub categories, the ability to influence luck in game and to influence chance of doing something in the game world. I let hime have a D20 with two criticals in it (20 twice), and when I was rolling to hit him I rolled a D20 with two Fumbles and no crits ( double 1).

I think that was a fair way of giving him his super luck without clueing the other players in too much that his powers were a bit boring, and since he did not have any real combat powers, magic or anything else he was defined by stumbling onto clues etc. (the fact he was an immortal grandson of an alien, and had lived since the middle ages, and could program a computer by interfering with the electricity in the chip at a distance of a few meters.)

I have to say that Loaded dice as a GM are great eveners - I have a D20 with an extra one replacing a 20 that is often rolled when the players need a break because they have been unlucky with running down a bad guy with a world shattering plan, and they cheer when the fumble comes up meaning he drops the amulet that is controlling the demon or what have you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoC1909 wrote:
But why?

Are you REALLY that clueless?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=loaded+dice

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.