Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on my reading of Oberon, it seems clear what the designer's INTENTION for him was. Here's my understanding:

He does NOT reveal himself to the other spies/minions of mordred.
He DOES reveal himself to Merlin.

This would explain why the manual says that playing with Oberon will make the Good side win more often. Merlin will still have perfect information, but the Evil side will be thrown into some confusion.

However, the rules question I have comes from the manual's explanation of Oberon, namely "Oberon is not a "minion of Mordred".

The quoted step by step reveal instructions at the bottom of the same page then say
"Minions of Mordred, not Mordred himself - extend your thumb so that Merlin will know of you."

Now, they didn't mention Oberon there, so again it seems clear that he is SUPPOSED to reveal himself to Merlin.

But the use of "minions of mordred", which Oberon is NOT one of, muddies the waters.

So, can anyone give me some official word whether Oberon reveals to Merlin? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Oberon does not reveal to the other Evil players.

Oberon does reveal to Merlin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D. Kelley
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. That's what I figured!

Can't wait to get the rules to use Lancelot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phrygian Kale
India
flag msg tools
How are you so sure of this, especially when the narrative says "Minions of Mordred, extend your thumbs, merlin open your eyes" and it specifically says Oberon is not a minion of mordred.. ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
phrygian wrote:
How are you so sure of this, especially when the narrative says "Minions of Mordred, extend your thumbs, merlin open your eyes" and it specifically says Oberon is not a minion of mordred.. ??
What? Obey is def a Minion of Mordred. He's evil. He's just kind of daft and doesn't realize it.

In the vanilla Resistance theme he's called Blind Spy, ie, he's a spy but the spies can't see him and he can't see them.

Also, T Worthington above is the publisher of the game, so, there's that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey De Guzman
msg tools
the makers of the game should have made the script go, "AGENTS OF EVIL, put your thumbs up." instead of, "MINIONS OF MORDED, put your thumbs up." this is because when Oberon is in the game, he should ALSO put his thumbs up for Merlin to see.
using the term "MINIONS OF MORDRED," will likely confuse the Oberon player..tsk..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rigel Rafuse
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
a variant we tried which was kinda cool was that Oberon doesnt reveal himself to Merlin either. Makes him a Mordred/Oberon cross. We liked it. Adds a bit of chaos though. But being an agent of chaos i am okay with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls