Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never seen a Fantasy Flight Deck box in real life:

There are a lot of tokens for Netrunner and the token compartment seems a bit small. Has anyone had any experience with these? Do all the tokens for Netrunner fit in a box?

If so, I think I need to get one of these so that I can store two decks and all tokens conveniently when I bring my cards to different gatherings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own two of these. The components don't fit in a single compartment, but they do fit in two compartments, with some difficulty.

Take out 5-10 tokens and you'll have no problem fitting the rest of the tokens in two of those.

They are great deck boxes - very sturdy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought 2 boxes too, 1 for Corp and 1 for Runner.

They don't fit, even with 2 boxes. You'll need to pull out 5-10 credit tokens as Andy mentioned. Even then, there's a threat of the lid crushing your cardboard.

I'm thinking of using them instead for Race for the Galaxy, and just using a traditional long cardboard box for Netrunner (especially as expansions roll in).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got one of these, and here's what I pack in it:

20 1-credit tokens
4 5-credit tokens
10 viral/counter tokens
1 brain damage token
2 tag/bad publicity tokens
2 click trackers
5 small dice (one red, one blue, one green, two black)

My plan is to set the die on the appropriate token to track multiples of that token (the tag with a blue "3" die on it is three tags, the 5-credit with a black "4" die on it is 20 credits).

It's a little crowded, but it fits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
They don't fit, even with 2 boxes. You'll need to pull out 5-10 credit tokens as Andy mentioned. Even then, there's a threat of the lid crushing your cardboard.

I've fit not only an entire set of tokens, but the click tokens from my second set, into two boxes.

Care does have to be taken not to put little marks into the cardboard where the lid's little nubs are, and you have to be *seriously* compulsive and organized about stacking and where the stacks fall to do it, but it can be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said, just take out about 10 of the credit/advancement tokens and they'll fit in two boxes. I keep credits in one, and everything else in the other. If you're trying to fit everything in one box, you'll probably have to look into other options.

Personally, I like having separate runner and corp boxes, especially since they can hold two sleeved decks each.

Also, the front face plate is a perfect place to keep the runner/corp action cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffis wrote:
I've fit not only an entire set of tokens, but the click tokens from my second set, into two boxes.

Care does have to be taken not to put little marks into the cardboard where the lid's little nubs are, and you have to be *seriously* compulsive and organized about stacking and where the stacks fall to do it, but it can be done.

Should've said yes, they do fit, but I'm not playing 'pack 'n stack' after I finish playing. I want to just dump everything in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lindsay
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I like them. As was said earlier, they're pretty sturdy and one of them will hold a corp and runner deck together easily. I gave up on putting the components in the bottom due to it being a tight fit like everyone has said, and I just use a Plano box for those now. On the plus side if you don't use the component container on the bottom it detaches so you can just leave it at home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So the deck boxes are cool and all, but I have two problems with them for Netrunner:
-They don't really hold a playable amount of tokens.
-They don't hold two decks sleeved with Dragon Shield unless you absolutely cram the cards in.

Getting Upper Deck Dual for Netrunner and I'll hang on to these FFG boxes for something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agha Ahsan
United States
Los Altos Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ive seen them.. the case looks really small. right now im just using ultrapro deckboxes, with two small plastic cases for tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon! She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, And when I asked her why she wore that ribbon,
badge
She said, "It's for the Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!" Wembley! Wembley! We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the FFG deck box for Netrunner. Easily holds two 45 card decks plus identities, click trackers, and helper cards, all sleeved in Ultra Pro, and more than enough tokens for me. I usually face off against players with their own set of tokens, so it's never been a problem for me. I think that if you absolutely had to carry two players worth of tokens that you could do it. IMO this game has token overkill and I think you could save some valuable space through the judicious use of small dice to act as multiple counters. Also better tokens than the FFG ones - Lego 1x1 bricks and Ascension: Deckbuilding Game gems. Neither were my idea, but they're great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.