Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kim Foale
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry if I missed another thread about this! Have a couple of questions about this ability.

Quote:
Web: Each hero adjacent to this monster must suffer [fatigue] to move out of his current space; this is in addition to any other [fatigue] suffered to move.

1. Can a hero with no fatigue points left to spend move out of their current space if adjacent to a cave spider? Does this count as a fatigue point triggered by an ability (move) and is therefore forbidden, or is it a game effect they're seen as having no control over and take a hit instead?

2. Does this activate once per square in the move action, or once at the start of the move action?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
kimadactyl wrote:
1. Can a hero with no fatigue points left to spend move out of their current space if adjacent to a cave spider?

No. But note that only the master cave spider has the Web ability, not just any cave spider.

Quote:
Does this count as a fatigue point triggered by an ability (move) and is therefore forbidden, or is it a game effect they're seen as having no control over and take a hit instead?

It's an optional expenditure, just like using fatigue for extra movement.

Quote:
2. Does this activate once per square in the move action, or once at the start of the move action?

I read it as being per square. If you can't move away from the master cave spider and would have to move through several adjacent spaces, you're probably better off just trying to kill it first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
kimadactyl wrote:
1. Can a hero with no fatigue points left to spend move out of their current space if adjacent to a cave spider?

No. But note that only the master cave spider has the Web ability, not just any cave spider.

Quote:
Does this count as a fatigue point triggered by an ability (move) and is therefore forbidden, or is it a game effect they're seen as having no control over and take a hit instead?

It's an optional expenditure, just like using fatigue for extra movement.

Not true. From the official FAQ:

Descent 2nd Edition FAQ wrote:
Q: If a hero is adjacent to a master cave spider and he has suffered fatigue equal to his Stamina, can he suffer a damage instead of a fatigue as payment for the spider's Web ability?
A: Yes, the hero would suffer 1 damage if he moves out of his current space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Foale
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thankyou, missed that in the FAQ. Would like to know if anyone has an answer to the second part too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Burke
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is definitely per square.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitris Zervakis
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump
Don't know if already asked&answered...

When a Wildlander uses Nimble, in response to a monster with "Web" moving adjacent to them, do they suffer 1 (skill cost) or 2 fatigue (skill cost+ web cost)?
I'd consider 1, which makes the skill a bit less useless and more thematically concise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brutalien wrote:
Bump
Don't know if already asked&answered...

When a Wildlander uses Nimble, in response to a monster with "Web" moving adjacent to them, do they suffer 1 (skill cost) or 2 fatigue (skill cost+ web cost)?
I'd consider 1, which makes the skill a bit less useless and more thematically concise.

Definitely 2 fatigue.

*Cave spider moves into space adjacent to Wildlander
*Nimble triggers, they spend 1 fatigue to use the ability
*Wildlander suffers 1 fatigue to move a space while adjacent to a monster with web.

Not sure why you would think it is only 1. You can't use Nimble until the monster is adjacent to you, which is when Web is triggered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.