Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy this week, and when I opened it I found that all 4 of the board pieces have a substantial warp. If I set one down on a flat surface, and hold one edge down against the table, the opposite end is lifted about 1/2 inch in the air.

I haven't looked at the Empire Builder forums yet to see if this is common in Crayon Rails games in general, and/or if there is an easy way to get the boards to flatten. Meanwhile:

1. For other people who have Empire Express, do you have this issue?

2. Any pointers to "how to fix it" posts would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked mine and it is not warped. Neither is my copy of Empire Builder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine wasn't warped. Most of the others aren't either. However, way back when I got my British Rails game, it was warped, though it did eventually flattened out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I'll search the EB forums, and then probably shoot Mayfair an email to see what they say.

Obviously if anyone else wants to share stories here, please do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine were warped too, but some gentle bending and then sticking them under a pile of heavy books for a week straightened them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Shurig
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The board, as well as the cards, are warped. I put 6 heavy books on the board for a week, but it only helped temporarily. In the 3rd day, the boards regained their warped state. Although I like the game, I am not happy with Mayfair's components production of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I used weights overnight to bend the boards back, and it helped a lot. I positioned the weights to actually be bending them slightly beyond flat, and when I took them off, they were "almost flat". I think if I did more of it, I might get them flat. They seem to be holding their almost-flat shape, and not reverting.

My cards do seem to have a bit of diagonal twist to them. Not enough to bother me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Theys
United States
Muskego
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it was a production issue, it hasn't been fixed. I bought a copy within the past year and both the boards and the cards were warped. I stuck the boards under several other board games. We first played last night and they were fine - can't speak to whether they'll regain their warped shape. But I did nothing with the cards and after shuffling, they were a mess! They didn't want to form a pile. I'm going to stick something heavy on them and see if that will help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.