Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We got A:N the day it was released and have enjoyed playing it quite a bit since then. My son hasn't taken so strongly to a game in a long time.

I showed him some of the threads on here about strategy, and this encouraged him to share his thoughts on a deck he constructed. Everything else in this post is from him (with some light editing from me).

----------

Gabriel Santiago:
Recommendations:

I’m going to bring out the advantages to each card at the end, no disadvantages, except the ones I took out of the set and one other one. Also why I picked these cards to be in my deck.

Identity: Gabriel Santiago x1

Programs:
---------------------

Aurora x1
Ninja x2
Sneakdoor Beta x2
Medium x1
Battering Ram x2
Gordian Blade x2
Crypsis x3

Hardware:
----------------------

Lemuria Codecracker x2
The Toolbox x1

Resources:
---------------------

Bank Job x2
Crash Space x2
Decoy x2
Armitage Codebusting x3

Events:
----------------------

Account Siphon x2
Easy Mark x3
Forged Activation Orders x3
Inside Job x3
Special Order x3
Infiltration x3
Sure Gamble x3

Advantages:
--------------------

Gabriel Santiago: Make run on HQ, free 2 credits, AWESOME!!!!

Aurora: Strong Barrier Buster, moderately cheap.

Ninja: Awesome sentry, kinda cheap, good investment, I would put it in most decks for sentry.

Sneakdoor Beta: Go to Archives, which Corp won’t protect, get in HQ, possible Agendas there.

Medium: Get more cards off R&D each time, cheap, I won the game by finding 2 agendas there, pretty awesome, recommended, good investment.

Battering Ram: VERY strong Barrier Buster, awesome, good investment.

Gordian Blade: Awesome Code Gate since there isn’t one in this deck, Kinda cheap, very good investment.

Crypsis: Only one yet that can break Data Mine, all around.

Lemuria Codecracker: Mixes good with Santiago's ability: Make run on HQ, get 2 credits, play lemuria codecraker’s ability, expose 1 card.

The Toolbox: EXCELLENT investment, use 2 credits for icebreakers, AWESOME!!!!

Bank Job: Recommendation: Make a run on empty server, get up to 8 credits, good investment.

Crash Space: When you play Account Siphon and have both Crash Spaces in play, play Account Siphon and get rid of tags to avoid 2x Scorched Earth. Or just trash both of them and only lose 2 cards from 2x Scorched Earth.

Decoy: Avoid getting tagged once.

Armitage Codebusting: Magnum Opus effect 6 times, NEAT!!

Account Siphon: I mentioned earlier that this card works well with Crash Space or Decoy. COOL!!

Easy Mark: Free 3 credits. That's it.

Forged Activation Orders: Use this when the Corp either has little or no money and force them to trash it, good investment.

Inside Job: You and your opponent both have 4 points. There is something behind 1 piece of ICE that has 4 advancement tokens on it. You play this card. Skip ICE. Get the card, which is Priority Requision. You Win!!. Cool card!

Special Order: 1 credit, Get any icebreaker out of deck, YAAAAAAAY!!!

Infiltration: Magnum Opus effect once OR Lemuria Codecracker effect.

Sure Gamble: You have 5 credits, You play this card, +4 credits.

Disadvantages:
--------------------------

Femme Fatale: 9 credits to enter WEAK-ville.

Data Dealer: Really? Forfeiting AGENDAS?!!!!??!? Your only possible way to win besides draining the opponent's deck, this will only work with 1 point agendas.

Medium: 10 counters, Corp's turn, draw card, purge virus counters, smile.... I hate you for that!!!!!!!

Influence totals:
Anarch: 3 (Medium)
Criminal: 57
Shaper: 12 (Battering Ram, Gordian Blade, The Toolbox)

----------

This is Dad, again. Please bear in mind with your comments that I hope to share this with my son. So positive critiquing is welcome -- or constructive hints and advice -- but not insulting comments.

I know I can count on you guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aurora's pretty weak. Cost of 4 every time you want to get through a Wall of Static? Yech. You might want to consider Corroder (possibly dropping one of your Battering Rams for it, to free up influence).

Femme Fatale is definitely very pricy, but there's one particularly obnoxious ICE she's great against: Tollbooth. Only costs her 1 to skate past, whereas with Gordian Blade you're paying 4-7 (depending on whether there are other code gates guarding the same fort). I like to keep one in my Criminal deck so I can search it up with Special Order.

If you like The Toolbox, see if you can find some influence for a few Cyberfeeders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A fellow Criminal. Excellent!

2 notes:
1) I'm gonna mirror what John said just above. Aurora gets really expensive really fast. You have two Battering Rams as well as a full set of Special Orders so you can probably cut this.

2) Toolbox is great, no doubt. But the criminal console Desperado is also very good. Zero influence to play in the deck and look at it this way, with Desperado it's 3 credits per run on HQ. If your main focus with Toolbox is the 2 reoccurring credits, you may want to look at Cyberfeeder as a potential add to this deck.

Something I haven't seen anyone else do that you put in your deck: 1 Medium as a splash into Criminal. I actually like this as a get-the-Corporation's-head-spinning and think I might give it a try.

Edit: I should have read all of John's post as he recommended Cyberfeeder as well... so... yeah. Everything John said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Prieur
Canada
flag msg tools
Femme fatale power only work on Tollbooth subroutine, not the 'encounter' effect which you would still have to pay. Would then cost a total of 4, with 3 you give to the corp, 7 diffential.

It's still better then gordian blade (3 for the toll + 4 for the end of run, total 7, 10 differential). At least gordian blade keep it's strenght for the end of the run.

Femme fatale works best on hadrians wall (2 to bypass, ignore advancement counters), archer, heimdall 1.0 and wall of thorns to some extent.

It's kind of a necessary evil but atm tollbooth is just too good to pass up and there is not much the runner can do versus it. Red can parasite and eventually kill it with the help of ice carver and data sucker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eprieur wrote:
Femme fatale power only work on Tollbooth subroutine, not the 'encounter' effect which you would still have to pay. Would then cost a total of 4, with 3 you give to the corp, 7 diffential.

This is incorrect. See the Official FAQ just released today for details on this.

Femme fatale against Tollbooth = 1 credit to bypass. (If that particular tollbooth is her selected ice.)

Edit: Additionally, the 3 paid isn't given to the corp. It is paid to the bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A response from my son:

malhaku wrote:
If your main focus with Toolbox is the 2 reoccurring credits, you may want to look at Cyberfeeder as a potential add to this deck.

I like the entire Toolbox. 2 link is good for Gabe and Noise. 2 mem units to pretend like Sneakdoor Beta or Battering Ram does not have a mem cost.
And thank you for saying: "A fellow criminal, exellent!"! Also, I would also only be able to fit 2 cyberfeeders in instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another comment from my son:

CitizenFry wrote:
Aurora's pretty weak.

I know that Aurora is weak, but I thought that I would keep 1, just in case.

P.S: If I did not have this card in my deck, I would only have 44 cards.

CitizenFry wrote:
Femme Fatale is definitely very pricy, but there's one particularly obnoxious ICE she's great against: Tollbooth.

Edit: I agree with you 100%. I will put it in my deck for Tollbooth and a couple of other obnoxious ices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Gardner
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I am going to echo what everyone else has said, but add a little bit of my own input. This seems like a incredibly fun deck to play. At first glance, it looks bad because you can't have enough memory to play all of your programs (even with the toolbox), but then I realize that this deck isn't designed to do that. It's meant to hit the corp where they are weak. I love the addition of medium to a criminal deck. It keeps the corp honest and on their heels when you can feasibly run anywhere for agendas.

But yeah, lose the aurora and swap in a femme fatale for the reasons posted above. Special order is great to dig it out for when its needed. Other than that, the deck looks super fun and I'll definitely try it out myself to see if its viable!

Happy Running!

Edit: With memory being a foreseeable problem, I would also consider switching battering ram out for corroder which has the same influence cost with 1 less MU. Open up further possibilities to potentially have sneakdoor beta AND medium AND three solid icebreakers. Maybe trash sneakdoor or medium (depending on whether archives or R&D are heavily iced up) late game to make room for a femme fatale to use on a pesky tollbooth or archer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.