Subject: How many boats per license? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I can't find this in the rules explicitly one way or the other, but nobody else has asked so maybe I'm blind or it is obvious.

But how many boats can you launch per license? In other words, if I have one shrimp license, can I launch two shrimp boats?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Carter
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You need a license to launch that type of boat, but you aren't restricted in the number of boats you can have in your fleet of that type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As many as you want. No limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to be a sour puss, but I think this should have been clearly spelled out in the game. That plus the issue of NOT requiring a processing boat to actually process fish. In the real world processing can and does take place on huge factory boats. It's actually thematic to require the ship to process.

Our first play was a disaster due to rules confusion. I'm going to try to give the game another chance, but badly written rules hit a nerve with me. It's one of the biggest problems in board gaming. As a former writing tutor it drives me up the wall. I see it in the vast majority of games I play and there's no excuse for it given the clear intelligence of so many game designers. I think it's because people are too close to the game and think rules are clear when they're not. These types of things would be caught if rules were edited by those who *haven't* played the game more than once or twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier GALLERI
France
Montigny-le-Bretonneux
flag msg tools
+1

Totally agree . Same confusion for me and my wife, both on the number of boat issue and on that of the Process Vessel license... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, we didn't find this confusing at all. It was more difficult to understand what strategy to use really...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bno70_1 wrote:
As many as you want. No limit.

I am a serious rules reader and I never got this. I read the rules multiple times before 1st play and it never occurred to me. Even re-reading after finding this thread I couldn't see anything that I'd missed.

But that's exactly why I do browse BGG threads once I've begun playing something new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nagato Fujibayashi

Athens
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't find any problem understanding both that I can launch as many boats as I want(....can)per respective license and that I only need the processing license to process fish. Especially for the last one the wording on the rulebook is clear- I think complaining is a bit not fair for this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.