Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Earth Reborn» Forums » Rules

Subject: What happens if you generate more then 2 zombies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In that case you already added two zombies to your crew and there are no more zombies available...

Can you use other miniatures/token to play like a zombie? Or does the generation stops right there?

If you have a mission where you get MP's for each generation of a zombie, do you still get the MP's then?

P
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Castrequini
Brazil
Valinhos
SP
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot have more than 2 zombies. If you want hordes of zombies, go to play Zombicide arrrh (probably you can't have more for balance issues).

About zombies/missions, I believe you can. Bescause on mission 4 from scenario book, you can "create" a third zombie without any miniatures left to win the game. (the objective of this sceneario is to generate three zombies)

Using the same reasoning as above, you can create zombies to, say, gain MP.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lopez DeVinaspre
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If that doesn't set well with your group, what about running the zombie off of the board? It is then out of play and presumably ready or re-reanimating, right? I would play it that way, though some might feel that makes the out of play entirely, I suppose. Still, I like that better than being able to just sit in front of a grave and make zombies...that seems a little cheap and broken to me (and thematically off). You shouldn't be able to animate a zombie at the same location twice, in my very humble opinion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheCrazyPiper wrote:
If that doesn't set well with your group, what about running the zombie off of the board? It is then out of play and presumably ready or re-reanimating, right? I would play it that way, though some might feel that makes the out of play entirely, I suppose. Still, I like that better than being able to just sit in front of a grave and make zombies...that seems a little cheap and broken to me (and thematically off). You shouldn't be able to animate a zombie at the same location twice, in my very humble opinion.


You can reanimate a corpse into a zombie if a model is available, so exiting one off the board and reanimating a new is fine.
The rules don't allow you to use a corpse more than once, since you mark a used location.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Salvato
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Phyriphiry wrote:
In that case you already added two zombies to your crew and there are no more zombies available...

Can you use other miniatures/token to play like a zombie? Or does the generation stops right there?

If you have a mission where you get MP's for each generation of a zombie, do you still get the MP's then?

P


As others have said, by the book, no, you can never have more than 2 zombies on-board at a a time. If one is killed or exited from the board, you may then animate a new zombie using the figure & card for the dead/exited zombie.

That said, I would have no problem house ruling allowing more than 2 zombies for the Salemites. Since all basic zombies have the same stats and arcs, it would be easy enough to use an official zombie as a reference for substituted minis and an unused character card or even another game card to mark activation.

The reason I would not be averse to this is that I think the system could easily handle it, since zombies give no additional APs to the Salemite player. Spreading APs amongst 3 characters can get pretty difficult - trying to get effective use out of 4, 5 or even 6 characters without increasing the Salemite player's pool of APs sounds nigh impossible.

In addition, think of how many activations rounds it would take to get back around to a non-Zombie character, even without spending APs - your opponent might even have acted twice with some or all of his characters before Deeler sees a second activation..

By the book, 2 zombies at a time. In my house, I'd be willing to try it at least once.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We houseruled the following:
- Not more then one zombie out of one grave (since the grave becomes empty)
- First two zombies: no prob. MP's get increased (I had a mission card that gave MP's for every generated zombie).
- Third, fourth and fifth zombie get generated but no minitiare came on the board, nor in the team. My opponent had a radio scrambler in the team so I couldn't have more then 6 members in my team. However the MP's were assigned.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lear
United Kingdom
Lewes
Sussex
flag msg tools
With skill his story will unfold
Avatar
mbmbmb
Phyriphiry wrote:
We houseruled the following:
- Not more then one zombie out of one grave (since the grave becomes empty)


That's a rulebook rule, not a house rule, as pointed out above by DenGad.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.