Subject: What should I try next? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Barker
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I currently own Last Night on Earth, Gosu, Agricola, Carcassonne, Pit, Saboteur, Dominion, Settlers of Catan, Cards Against Humanity, Betrayal at House on the Haunted Hill, Blokus, and currently waiting on DC Comics the Deck Building Game. Those are in no order of favorites either. I've played Descent first and second edition, Food Fight, Epic Spell Wars, King of Tokyo, Citadels, Quarriors, Small World, Ticket to Ride, Ascension, The Resistance, and a few others.

But what should be next? The majority of those games I liked with exception to Small World. Not to say any of those games of gotten stale either. But I want something new.

Any thoughts?

-Robert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
How many people? Long or short? Do you like/dislike conflict?

Lots of games to recommend, but not a lot to go on right now. Even checked your profile and previous posts for some sort of hint, but nada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kazimierczak
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you ever have two player games then Seasons. It is better than Gosu on many levels, but the more players you have the more it will drag. Android: Netrunner is also one of the best 2 player experiences out there if you are willing to put in some effort deckbuilding before the game.

Stepping away from 2 player games, you may want to delve into the euros and worker placement games more. If you like Agricola then you can go more in depth with Ora et Labora or faster and leaner with Hansa Teutonica.

I also like many types of games but disliked Small World. You may be ready for something meatier like Dominant Species or Eclipse. Another nice change of pace is Chaos in the Old World which plays like nothing else (in fact I think it's a game that Small World wishes it was: more theme, better area control, plastic minis, actual combat and more unique asymmetrical roles instead of generic fantasy token trading).

Completely out of the box fun can be had with a walk on the Czech Games side (namely a Vlaada game) with a real-time panic laden co-op gem like Space Alert (I hate co-ops but love this game) or thematic worker placement on steroids with Dungeon Petz.

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you're all over the map. Throw a dart at the top 100 list, see if you like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigris & Euphrates
Hansa Teutonica

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't even have your games entered in your personal database. Why don't you do that and then give the games a ranking from 1 to 10 (10 being best) and then ask the question, and you may get some helpful advice. As of now you are "all over the map" and no one can really pretend to know what to advise you on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Barker
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Okay I updated my profile a little bit. Thanks for the tips. I've been really wanting to try Chaos in the Old World and I've had my eye on Smash Up. Sorry about being all over the place but I like trying and playing many different games and styles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have an auction/bidding game.

Might I suggest
1) Homesteaders

or

2) Goa

You dont know how fun auction games can be until you play one. then you're hooked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.