Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I am finally getting to play this game after 3 years of looking at the box, and I am totally impressed with the intricacies built into this game. Just having a blast, playing a little bit at a time but the map is just awesome, the blocks are nice, the mechanics are a work of art, and the bluffing is quite fun.
Im not expert at this game, but I can see why this game is a favorite of all the grogs... just amazing how much there is to explain in such a simple looking game.

Notes so far
Tanks move fast. Recon moves faster.
Dont over extend yourself. This is HUGE
Supply doesnt go very far
Dont enter battle unless you have the supply to maintain that battle
Get disrupted units behind and protected by good units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brewer
United Kingdom
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's great, but it can be brutal if you screw up supply. There's a good vassal mod too.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This and Pacific Victory have been on my radar forever. I love Julius Caesar but WWII seems like it would be more interesting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Collins
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlescab wrote:
I am finally getting to play this game after 3 years of looking at the box, and I am totally impressed with the intricacies built into this game. Just having a blast, playing a little bit at a time but the map is just awesome, the blocks are nice, the mechanics are a work of art, and the bluffing is quite fun.
Im not expert at this game, but I can see why this game is a favorite of all the grogs... just amazing how much there is to explain in such a simple looking game.

Notes so far
Tanks move fast. Recon moves faster.
Dont over extend yourself. This is HUGE
Supply doesnt go very far
Dont enter battle unless you have the supply to maintain that battle
Get disrupted units behind and protected by good units.

And don't run out of supply when you are besieging a fortress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Collins
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
This and Pacific Victory have been on my radar forever. I love Julius Caesar but WWII seems like it would be more interesting...

Pacific Victory is great. But Rommel in the Desert is better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.