Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The kickstarter campaign mentions that they are looking to

KickstarterCampaign wrote:
...fund a full new art version, with new art for the game including a full color board and new illustrations for the counters. You can pick whether you want the new art set or the classic set for each copy of the game

With less than 3 days left in the campaign, I'm wondering if anyone has seen any board samples for the upcoming choice of new art vs classic set? I saw the sample alien counter on the same page, just wondering where the boards were at? Are they grittier with a banged up ship interior? clean sci-filooking? or something else?

Also saw lower down that:
The art for Last Frontier is now confirmed, and the MAP and COUNTERS will be updated with all new art. I will have some more samples in the next few weeks before the kickstarter ends.

Any chance to see the new art before the campaign ends?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Dickson
ACT
flag msg tools
??!
badge
And when you gaze long into Ducky Momo, Ducky Momo also gazes into you.
mb
Well, from the campaign...
I have given the artist 3 months to complete the art. He might complete it much sooner than that though. After that, I estimate it will take 4-6 weeks for construction for everything.

I really hope the new board is great or I will be very sad to have spent so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the artwork, I was just hoping for a sample of maybe one room to show the ideas of the 'new look'.

At the rate the campaign is going, it "might" hit the stretch goal of color rulebook.

Edit:
srand wrote:
Well, from the campaign...
I have given the artist 3 months to complete the art. He might complete it much sooner than that though. After that, I estimate it will take 4-6 weeks for construction for everything.

Just had a thought - how is that going to work with the campaign finishing in 3 days? Does that mean the survey for the choice of new or classic art can't be sent out until 1-2 mths after the KS finishes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys I don't have anything yet for the new board art. The whole point is that the KS will FUND the new art - ie, it isn't done yet, and trying to rush the artist to get something out in the week after I know it will fund might be too much. Still hoping though.

Yes, I will send out the survey for new/classic art choice once you can see all the art, which is after it is all done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.