Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Dexter
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone used Mayday sleeves with this game, my copy arrived today and I really want to sleeve it up. The alien card sleeve seller on ebay seems to only have one bag package of 30 up for sale, since I picked up the core game AND Incursion I really just wait till I can sleeve them all (and frankly I am not as worried about the alien cards anyway).

Is there a preferred Mayday sleeve that works well with the rest of the cards for this game? I prefer the slicker thinner 'penny' sleeves.

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used Mayday's Chimera sleeves and they work perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently bought a copy of this and sleeved with the Mayday Chimera 100/pk MDG-7044 - Orange Label.

Works fine that I can see.

The base game has 163 cards so you will need two packs to sleeve the lot - though you may not need to sleeve all 163.

Starting a discussion about sleeves is always problematic though.

There will likely be those who will jump in and slag off on Mayday's sleeve quality as if Mayday did something to them in the past.

Then there are those who will go on about the benefits of expensive, hard to get sleeves (likely made from the tears of endangered unicorns! ) that would double the cost of your game if you used them.

Your basic Chimera is cheap. If damaged - I can easily replace them.

If I want more durable, uniform sleeves (it's happened on occasion) I step up to the premium Chimera level for a little more cost wise.

Different strokes for different folks.

Go with what you are comfortable paying for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Mayday Chimeras as well; a combination of regular and Premium. I use the thicker Premiums on the small decks (destiny, tech, schizoid), and the thinner Regulars for the big decks (cosmic, flare) and the smaller decks that also feed player hands (reward, large group). The thin ones do get a little beat up and I occasionally have to replace one (but this is just a trickle).

I'd kinda like to go thicker, but then I think my cosmic and flare decks might get too tall to fit into the largest size of custom tuck box I am able to make (and more expansions are coming). So I guess I'll probably stick with the regular Chimera on the big decks, but I do highly recommend the Premiums, at least for destiny.

I do like the feel of Chimeras; not to sticky and not too slippery. And given the sheer number I need (I sleeve everything, as well as extra copies of cards from a second set of the game) I don't want to pay FFG's higher prices for "official" sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dexter
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, just put in an order for Chimeras, can't wait to get this to the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used mayday chimera like others here, and for the alien races, I bought from this guy:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

If by chance he does not have it listed on ebay or not the quantity you want, contact him.

That guy is very nice and will answer you quickly.

The sleeves fit perfectly on the alien cards, inthe begining they will feel a little sticky, but it gets better in a few weeks.

It will protect your races perfectly

He also has sleeves that fit the Descent hero cards, and the same sleeves fit the warhammer fantasy roleplay profession cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mestre dos Magos wrote:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

If by chance he does not have it listed on ebay or not the quantity you want, contact him.

That guy is very nice and will answer you quickly.

Just wanted to emphasize this. I'd heard the same thing, but avoided contacting him for a long time because, y'know, just kind of a hassle. But when I finally decided to sleeve my alien sheets and contacted him, he was very prompt.

Also, I'll add that I use FFG's sleeves for CE, and will recommend avoiding Mayday's. Mayday's sleeves are fine when they're right, but it's very common to get some that are sized differently, and their customer service is terrible until you publicly shame them on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dexter
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dropped a note on eBay I will let you know what I hear back.

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had no idea there was so much demand for this size card, we will likely be adding these to either the Swan or the Mayday Line for the USA. I'll update in less than a week on this and probably get a 50 or 100 pack of these sizes put together.

Thanks guys, glad the Chimera are working for you too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dexter
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be great if more of these were available in the US, looks like mine are coming from overseas!

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These will all be available in the USA soon thanks to the successful Kickstarter we are finishing up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.