Subject: My, how things change rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game a while back and gave it maybe 4 or 5 tries and decided I did not like it. My group wanted to give it another try and for some reason, the game finally came alive. I cannot think of another game in my meager collection that took so many plays to find out how good it was. But I am glad I decided to give it one more shot. I even love the artwork. Great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It should continue to improve as strategies and tactics evolve. One fault of this game is that a single newbie can inject massive chaos or simply hand the game to another player. As your group improves more layers will unfold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
It should continue to improve as strategies and tactics evolve. One fault of this game is that a single newbie can inject massive chaos or simply hand the game to another player. As your group improves more layers will unfold.

Do you ever play it as 2 player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And he means never. One of my most horrible gaming experiences was playing this with the jury rigged 2 player version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it not work with two? Any variant that makes it work..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Does it not work with two? Any variant that makes it work..?

The absolute beauty of this game is the way it works with the interests of 4 or 5 people clashing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only ever played it at 4, and it was brilliant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is one of those games that strips away all chrome and unnecessary rules whilst leaving behind a game of pure tactics and strategy. The gameplay is extremely clean. It reminds me a lot of Caylus in that way, another game I really like. However, like Caylus, this game really depends on the group you play it with. This game also seems to present itself in such a way that newer players may think they've solved it, only to have another strategy be able to counter it. I'd like to explore this game system deeper, myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Wand
United States
Chesterfield
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group started playing this game a year ago, and the same group of 8 or so people have played it together multiple times (not 8 at a time, of course, not everyone shows up regularly to game day). I am lucky enough to have a core of 4 of us who have played this game together at least 15 times (or more) and that is where this game really shines, especially because each player's moves have extreme influence upon everyone else's. The meta gaming with this game are amazing as well : )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.