United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
"You caught the Mountain Wampus!"
badge
"He gave you his treasure chest to let him go free again."
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like today was the best day yet! Here's hoping it gets up to $75K so we can all get hardcovers!

Also--on the "hot" list at Kicktraq!

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/springboard/story-realms/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Go the late surge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep it coming story realms!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am watching the clock tick away, still trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger. Either way this has been a great campaign to follow and I hope everyone gets the hardcover books. Congratulations to everyone and well done Escapade Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hargraves
United States
Danbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put in my $100 just now ...and a few immediately followed it seems.

$4621 in 12 hours to go for hardcovers at the time of this posting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Devine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm really hoping we can score the hardcover books!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just pushed it above $72k. C'mon, hardcover!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slipper Shod Master of Mayhem
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
hentzau wrote:

I bumped my pledge up to send a copy to my wife's school...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Devine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdonohue wrote:
hentzau wrote:

Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was intrigued by this...but the more I read, the more it seemed designed for kids/families. Which is totally fine, just not what I'd be interested in.
What are your thoughts on this?
Ryan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Escapade Crew
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
ryansdavis wrote:
I was intrigued by this...but the more I read, the more it seemed designed for kids/families. Which is totally fine, just not what I'd be interested in.
What are your thoughts on this?
Ryan

Here's a video explaining our thoughts on it (as the designers): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fas9riujns&feature=plcp

Short version is we believe Story Realms is a really fun game for people of all ages. We have done extensive playtesting and demoing of this game to groups of all adults, with great results. If the theme appeals to you, you will likely find a lot to enjoy in this game. There is a lot of freedom of interpretation for the Storyteller to set their own tone, and the pre-made adventures touch on resonant themes that will offer a different experience to adults than kids. The world and setting is rich and detailed, with infinite stories to explore (and we'll provide you with hooks and idea starters a plenty)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdonohue wrote:
hentzau wrote:

I want to make sure you saw this note about sending to specific schools:

Angela Hickman Newnham wrote:
@Dan With the gifting option, we will be taking requests from educators who want to use the game and materials, and matching donations to that to ensure that each copy goes somewhere where it will be used (and not collect dust in a corner). We will be announcing more info as we get the program set up, including how to request the game/materials for your classroom/school/etc. Our commitment to this initiative includes providing support and resources to teachers/librarians/youth leaders and we're going to try to continue expanding this program moving forward, as well as provide access to the curriculum/activity guide for teachers outside of the gifting program. If you want to give a gift of the game to a specific school or program only, you can add to your pledge for an additional copy (which will be shipped to you) and deliver it yourself, but that won't include the printed curriculum materials (they will be available for download though). We're really excited to do this, but are still working out a lot of the logistics and figuring out how we can best support educators as they us Story Realms as an engaging and exciting teaching tool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mansell
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard covers achieved! Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slipper Shod Master of Mayhem
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
Wilikai wrote:
sdonohue wrote:
hentzau wrote:

I want to make sure you saw this note about sending to specific schools:

Angela Hickman Newnham wrote:
@Dan With the gifting option, we will be taking requests from educators who want to use the game and materials, and matching donations to that to ensure that each copy goes somewhere where it will be used (and not collect dust in a corner). We will be announcing more info as we get the program set up, including how to request the game/materials for your classroom/school/etc. Our commitment to this initiative includes providing support and resources to teachers/librarians/youth leaders and we're going to try to continue expanding this program moving forward, as well as provide access to the curriculum/activity guide for teachers outside of the gifting program. If you want to give a gift of the game to a specific school or program only, you can add to your pledge for an additional copy (which will be shipped to you) and deliver it yourself, but that won't include the printed curriculum materials (they will be available for download though). We're really excited to do this, but are still working out a lot of the logistics and figuring out how we can best support educators as they us Story Realms as an engaging and exciting teaching tool!

Thanks for the additional info... Sounds like my donation would be sitting in limbo while they figure it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just passed $75K, so we're upgrading to hardcover. Don't miss out. This is the best deal for this awesome, innovative game!

- Dan Yarrington
CEO, Game Salute
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.