Popular Tags: [View All]
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all

Help pre-order this game to commemorate Yom Kippur War, Ramadan War or October War .. just need a few more pre-order

Quote:
Pre-Orders Recorded:
100 (out of 250 needed to go to print)

http://www.dvg.com/.sc/ms/dd/ee/53/Israeli%20Air%20Force%20L...

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/105024/israeli-air-force-...

Poll
Have you heard about DVG and their games ? ( Dan Verssen Games ) ?
YES
MAYBE
NO
no comment
      26 answers
Poll created by dprijadi

Poll
1. Would you pre-order IAF leader ?
Yes
Maybe
No
No comment
2. Do you own DVG games before ?
YES
NO
no comment
3. If you own DVG Game(s) , how do you rate them ?
I'm satisfied with their product(s)
I'm disappointed with their product(s)
no comment
4. Would you buy the upcoming iOS and Android version of Phantom Leader ?
YES
MAYBE
NO
no comment
5. Would you buy the upcoming iOS and Android version of Phantom Leader ?
YES
MAYBE
NO
no comment
      59 answers
Poll created by dprijadi

Quote:
Israeli Air Force Leader (IAFL) puts you in the cockpits of the Israeli Air Force from 1948 through modern day, and into the near-future. The game includes the following campaigns…

1948 Arab-Israeli War

1956 Suez Crisis

1967 Six-Day War

1973 Yom Kippur War

1982 Lebanon War

1991 (hypothetical) Desert Storm

2006 Lebanon War

2013 (hypothetical) Syria

We’ve included all the IAFL aircraft used throughout the years from P-51s to F-35s!

A major part of the game is mission planning. You decide how to arm your aircraft and which pilots are best for the mission. Pilots are rated for skill level. Deciding which pilots to fly each mission is a major consideration. Your pilots will become fatigued with every mission. If you fly a pilot too often, his skills will degrade. Your pilots also gain experience with every mission flown. This makes for some great decision-making. Should you keep flying the top pilots and further fatigue them to get the job done, or fly the new guys to prep them for the tough missions ahead?

Missions are quickly resolved using an area movement system to display tactical combat over the target. Priority is placed on speed and realism. You get to resolve every missile launched at enemy bandits, and every air to ground attack against the enemy target. You also get to resolve the enemy SAM, AAA, and Bandit attacks against your aircraft.

While performing each mission, you get to decide how your pilots engage the enemy Bandits, SAMs, and AAA Sites. This makes for some tough choices. The more suppression munitions you haul to the target, the safer your pilots will be, but you will be able to load fewer munitions to destroy the target.

We’ve included the cards for every pilot to progress in experience from Newbie, to Green, Average, Skilled, Veteran, and Ace!

If you’ve played Hornet Leader or Phantom Leader, you’ll make an easy transition into IAFL.

Special Features…

Invasion Targets - Some target cards, such as tank formations, have an Invasion rating. If you do not destroy these targets quickly, they will overrun Israel and end your campaign.

Escalation Targets - These targets are worth extra VPs and bonuses, but you risk international backlash if you attack them.

Key Design Features:

An all-around excellent solitaire game. Manage your pilots as well as your hardware to be a successful squadron commander. Intuitive, fast-playing game system.

Component List:
330 Full Color Cards
2 Full Color Counter Sheets (352 counters)
8 Full Color Campaign sheets
11” x 17” MOUNTED Tactical board
Full Color Player Aid Sheets
Rulebook
10-sided die

Target Audience:
This game is perfect for both expert level military gamers as well as first time gamers. The core rules are easy to grasp and very intuitive, while still giving players a wide variety of decision-making options and tactical choices.

Each mission requires only in 30 to 60 minutes.

Each campaign consists of 3 to 9 days in which you’ll fly one or more missions each day.

Pre-Order Price:
$69.99

Normal Price:
$89.99

Pre-Orders Recorded:
100 (out of 250 needed to go to print)

Quote:
The Yom Kippur War, Ramadan War or October War, also known as the 1973 Arab–Israeli War and the Fourth Arab–Israeli War, was fought from October 6 to 25, 1973, between Israel and a coalition of Arab states led by Egypt and Syria.

The war began when the coalition launched a joint surprise attack on Israel on Yom Kippur, the holiest day in Judaism, which happened to occur that year during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. Egyptian and Syrian forces crossed ceasefire lines to enter the Israeli-held Sinai Peninsula and Golan Heights respectively, which had been captured and occupied since the 1967 Six-Day War.

Both the United States and the Soviet Union initiated massive resupply efforts to their respective allies during the war, and this led to a near-confrontation between the two nuclear superpowers.

The war began with a massive and successful Egyptian crossing of the Suez Canal during the first three days, after which they dug in, settling into a stalemate. The Syrians coordinated their attack on the Golan Heights to coincide with the Egyptian offensive and initially made threatening gains against the greatly outnumbered Israelis. Within a week, Israel recovered and launched a four-day counter-offensive, driving deep into Syria.

As Sadat believed that capturing two strategic passes located deeper in the Sinai would make his position stronger during the negotiations, he ordered the Egyptians to go back on the offensive, but they were decisively defeated; the Israelis then counterattacked at the seam between the two Egyptian armies, crossed the Suez Canal, and advanced southward and westward in over a week of heavy fighting while suffering severe casualties especially during the battle of the Chinese Farm.

On October 22 a United Nations-brokered ceasefire quickly unraveled, with each side blaming the other for the breach. By October 24, the Israelis had improved their positions considerably and completed their encirclement of Egypt's Third Army and the city of Suez. This development led to tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union. As a result, a second ceasefire was imposed cooperatively on October 25 to end the war. At the conclusion of hostilities, Israeli forces were 40 kilometres (25 mi) from Damascus and 101 kilometres (63 mi) from Cairo.

The war had far-reaching implications. The Arab World, which had been humiliated by the lopsided rout of the Egyptian–Syrian–Jordanian alliance in the Six-Day War, felt psychologically vindicated by early successes in the conflict. In Israel, despite impressive operational and tactical achievements on the battlefield, the war effectively ended its sense of invincibility and complacency. The war also challenged many American assumptions; the United States initiated new efforts at mediation and peacemaking.

These changes paved the way for the subsequent peace process. The Camp David Accords that followed led to the return of the Sinai to Egypt and normalized relations—the first peaceful recognition of Israel by an Arab country. Egypt continued its drift away from the Soviet Union and left the Soviet sphere of influence entirely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You'd get more traction with this if you move it to the "wargames" subdomain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do i move this thread to wargame forum ? do i have to contact the forum administrator ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Wargames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I rarely preorder games from DVG the shipping is pretty atrocious for me and I usually get a better deal once the game comes out from an online retailer.

I am interested in this IAF Leader though. Hope it keeps up the Apache Leader quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
<insert something pithy here>
badge
<insert something clever here>
mbmbmbmbmb
The last two questions in your poll are the same. Did you mean to insert a different title in the last question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Japan
Kyoto
Kyoto Fu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zuludawn wrote:
The last two questions in your poll are the same. Did you mean to insert a different title in the last question?

They've gleaned different responses though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam D.
United States
Suquamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Different responses because thinking people such as myself assumed you meant to do different things with different questions and therefore took that into account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Japan
Kyoto
Kyoto Fu
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As of writing, the most popular answer is "Yes" to the first time of asking and "No" to the second. Maybe people get tired of being asked the same question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
<insert something pithy here>
badge
<insert something clever here>
mbmbmbmbmb
bodhid44 wrote:
zuludawn wrote:

They've gleaned different responses though.

I responded with "Maybe" for the first one and "No Comment" for the second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the last questions are a double.. i dont know how it got there.. i press save poll and they put the last poll questions again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks interesting and it probably has F-15s and F-16s in it but I'm waiting for Eagle Leader. Falcon Leader would be nice too or heck just put out a USAF Leader game! Could have some good 80s WW III campaigns with those aircraft or The Russian Bear makes his comeback in the 21st century.

Being a sucker for all the Leader games though I voted "maybe". But with only Hornet Leader: CAO and TAL I'm starting to run out of room...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
siljanus wrote:
It looks interesting and it probably has F-15s and F-16s in it but I'm waiting for Eagle Leader. Falcon Leader would be nice too or heck just put out a USAF Leader game! Could have some good 80s WW III campaigns with those aircraft or The Russian Bear makes his comeback in the 21st century.

Being a sucker for all the Leader games though I voted "maybe". But with only Hornet Leader: CAO and TAL I'm starting to run out of room...

sadly i dont think dan verseen will release eagle/falcon/nato leader in the short term... if IAF dont sell well then this might ve the last leader series from dvg, until they come up with improved game mechanic to add to the stale air leader mechanic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dprijadi wrote:
siljanus wrote:

sadly i dont think dan verseen will release eagle/falcon/nato leader in the short term... if IAF dont sell well then this might ve the last leader series from dvg, until they come up with improved game mechanic to add to the stale air leader mechanic

Perhaps an Eagle/Falcon/NATO setting could be released as expansions? It could be cheaper for DVG to produce but I'm not familiar with the financial calculations to see if this would be viable. But I think from a purely game design standpoint this may be possible with just new pilot cards, some campaigns, counters and rule modifications if needed like the Cthulhu expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Hornet Leader: Cthulhu Conflict turns out to be fun, I am almost sure there will be similar expansions down the track. I would love to see an Thunderbolt Apache Leader expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garfink wrote:
If Hornet Leader: Cthulhu Conflict turns out to be fun, I am almost sure there will be similar expansions down the track. I would love to see an Thunderbolt Apache Leader expansion.

maybe there should be expansion that adds to the game mechanic to HL:CAO.. the current system is too familiar already.

i prefer DVG adds more in the campaign area , so we got to make decisions influencing the campaign map, not just drawing targets randomly like now, but picking out specific targets that will influence the whole campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.