Hide
9 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Points for the Wave 2 ships, all kitted out? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
Anyyone good at guesstimates? How many points for a kitted out Falcon, Slave ship, A wing etc. I am looking at balancing points with what I already have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
My guesses:

Falcon: 70+
Slave-1: 60+
A-Wing: 18-24
Tie-Int: 18-24

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Graffam
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
I am looking at balancing points with what I already have.

How will our guesses about the point values of ships that haven't been released help you balance with what you already have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
Can take away upgrades, or see what more to buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Graffam
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:

Based on our guesses of what the point costs will be? What if we're off by 20 points? 30 points? You could afford a whole ship in that gap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What bothers me about the TIE Interceptor is that the generic Pilot Skill 1 version looks to cost only 19 points.

Attack: 3
Agility : 3
Hull : 3

Boost, Focus, Evade, Barrel Roll

That's an awful lot for 19 points. It is as a resilient as a basic TIE with as much firepower as an X-Wing plus the Boost action to boot. I'd say the Interceptor is better than a stock X-Wing. Granted it doesn't have Shields, but the +1 Agility, Evade, and Barrel Roll will likely manifest itself as more resilience than 2 Shields would provide.

Predicted strong tournament list:
4x TIE Interceptor (PS1, 19pts)
2x Academy Pilot (PS1, 12pts)

And, it has the added perk that all six ships are very like to move before the opponent, you can choose any of your six ships to activate in any order, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Graffam
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:
That's an awful lot for 19 points. It is as a resilient as a basic TIE with as much firepower as an X-Wing plus the Boost action to boot. I'd say the Interceptor is better than a stock X-Wing. Granted it doesn't have Shields, but the +1 Agility, Evade, and Barrel Roll will likely manifest itself as more resilience than 2 Shields would provide.

Shields are a pretty big advantage. The Interceptor is about as easy to kill as any other TIE, at least without knowing what Boost does.

But I totally expect TIE Interceptors to become mainstays of Imperial squads, and at that price, they probably will be. It'll still be nice to have cheaper TIEs, and I can still see Backstabber, Howlrunner and Mauler Mithel being great choices, almost turning themselves and their neighbors into Interceptors in certain situations -- and making cheap Interceptors better.

Kind of off-topic, but I think I can see what the "Daredevil" upgrade card does:

Action: Execute a [turn?] [sharp 3? left/right turn] maneuver.
[Then?] if you do not have the [Boost] action icon, roll 2 attack dice. Suffer any damage and critical damage rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
DagobahDave wrote:
conedguy wrote:

Based on our guesses of what the point costs will be? What if we're off by 20 points? 30 points? You could afford a whole ship in that gap.

THis is just fun speculation. I am not putting out cash until we know. If the Falcon is 70 points, that's, for example, 3 Tie Advanced. It's also good to have a rough idea of what a ship is worth, 70 points being as stated three TIE advanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:
What bothers me about the TIE Interceptor is that the generic Pilot Skill 1 version looks to cost only 19 points.

Attack: 3
Agility : 3
Hull : 3

Boost, Focus, Evade, Barrel Roll

Predicted strong tournament list:
4x TIE Interceptor (PS1, 19pts)
2x Academy Pilot (PS1, 12pts)

And, it has the added perk that all six ships are very like to move before the opponent, you can choose any of your six ships to activate in any order, etc.

Well, those are just prototypes so they can easily change by the time it comes out. With those stats though, the Interceptor looks pretty nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.