Subject: Buying ships. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Christensen
Denmark
Århus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the process of learning the rules. If you have saved gold (35) for a greater ship, like the Galleon. Are there any order to buy them. let's say I want the Galleon, but I only have the Flute. Do I need to buy the Frigate first, save gold and then buy the Galleon?.. I can't find anything that says that in the rulebook, so I guess you can buy what you wan't, if you have the gold.. But I just want to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Foxhole wrote:
I am in the process of learning the rules. If you have saved gold (35) for a greater ship, like the Galleon. Are there any order to buy them. let's say I want the Galleon, but I only have the Flute. Do I need to buy the Frigate first, save gold and then buy the Galleon?.. I can't find anything that says that in the rulebook, so I guess you can buy what you wan't, if you have the gold.. But I just want to be sure.

Yeah, you can buy whatever you can afford to pay for.

Note that you get money for trading in your old ship (assuming it's not too heavily damaged) so, if you want to upgrade an undamaged, unmodified Flute to a Galleon, you only need 30 gold in coin - the other 5 gold is covered by your old hull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Christensen
Denmark
Århus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, for your quick reply. (=

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.