Igor K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess someone may already have asked some of that but I just didn't find.
All these questions concern the "Green-eyed boy" scenario of course.

1) Are the investigators allowed to attack each other with special cards (Lantern, Fire extinguisher...)?

2) Are the investigators allowed to attack each other with spells?

3) If they can attack with spells, which effect gives Shriveling card "Deal an amount of damage equal to the monster's damage value +2" when used against an investigator?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Investigators can target each other with "attack" effects (including No Weapon attacks, weapons, and Attack spells), but not card effects that deal damage without being considered attacks. (Of course, you're free to house-rule that smashing a lantern over another investigator's head is legal, but officially it isn't possible.)

And I have no idea what to do with that Shriveling card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
salty53 wrote:
Investigators can target each other with "attack" effects (including No Weapon attacks, weapons, and Attack spells), but not card effects that deal damage without being considered attacks. (Of course, you're free to house-rule that smashing a lantern over another investigator's head is legal, but officially it isn't possible.)

And I have no idea what to do with that Shriveling card.

Shrivelling spell question, has it been sent to FFG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope yet. Do you think I should?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ew, for some reason I thought that casting attack spells on one another wasn't allowed.

Well, since the investigator has a damage value of 0 (none printed!) I'd say the spell does 2 damage.

Now, be on the lookout for the Shrivelling spell that instantly kills a humanoid surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Scharpf
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly Shriveling should not work, since the card explicitely states a "monster", and another investigator is not a monster. It should even be stated in the latest FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In "GEB" setup it is said that investigators may attack each other as if an investigator's a humanoid monster.
On Shriveling card it is said "Spell. Attack."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
KlausScharpf wrote:
If I remember correctly Shriveling should not work, since the card explicitely states a "monster", and another investigator is not a monster. It should even be stated in the latest FAQ

Nope, Shriveling's an Attack so it's legal. Only fake attacks like Typewriter can't be used.

I like Tibs' solution. A general rule of "any number that doesn't exist is zero" makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.