Subject: customer service Q.UPDATE rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey not looking to rant here, I love this game. I am one of the unlucky sods with the mixed-size cards though so have dutifully tried to reach customer service to get it sorted. I tried over the weekend and then tried the email left in the thread here tuesday morning. Still no word. I was just wondering if this is a normal time-delay. I am not fuming yet, just trying to determine if I should sit on my hands or poke with a stick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: customer service Q.
I would just give N/A a little bit of time, they are trying to get on top of the problem as best and quick as they can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
From the most recent Kickstarter update:

Quote:
On the "replacement cards" front, we have gotten the printer to admit that, yes, there is an issue with a small percentage of the games. We've been so busy dealing with them and cataloging your pictures as you send them in that we have not been responding to all of the e-mails - sorry about that. Rest assured, we've heard from you and will be shipping replacement cards and/or blocks of cards, depending on what damages/card cutting/printing issues your game contained. The print company is priority air-shipping us a large box of the "half of Ra, all of Tachyon, half of Tempest" packs of the correct size, and as soon as we get that, we'll send out all of the replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mb
Shadrach wrote:
Hey not looking to rant here, I love this game. I am one of the unlucky sods with the mixed-size cards though so have dutifully tried to reach customer service to get it sorted. I tried over the weekend and then tried the email left in the thread here tuesday morning. Still no word. I was just wondering if this is a normal time-delay. I am not fuming yet, just trying to determine if I should sit on my hands or poke with a stick.

I have the mixed-card-size issue as well. I sent Christopher an email on September 24th and then also sent my request on their online Contact page on October 1. I haven't heard from them at all, so you're not alone.

Hopefully they're just busy and will get to us when they can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
In life you have to do a lot of things you don't f*cking want to do. Many times, that's what the f*ck life is... one vile f*cking task after another.
mb
JBMoby wrote:
From the most recent Kickstarter update:

Quote:
On the "replacement cards" front, we have gotten the printer to admit that, yes, there is an issue with a small percentage of the games. We've been so busy dealing with them and cataloging your pictures as you send them in that we have not been responding to all of the e-mails - sorry about that. Rest assured, we've heard from you and will be shipping replacement cards and/or blocks of cards, depending on what damages/card cutting/printing issues your game contained. The print company is priority air-shipping us a large box of the "half of Ra, all of Tachyon, half of Tempest" packs of the correct size, and as soon as we get that, we'll send out all of the replacements.

I didn't Kickstart the game, but bought it directly from their online store so going to Kickstarter to find this info never occurred to me. I see they have a link to the Kickstarter update on their website but, again, not being a Kickstarter I had no need to view a Kickstarter update, and the blurb about the update mentions nothing about the printing issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dexter
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is an issue like this they should use their web site, not Kickstarter, not everyone got their game that way. It shouldn't be used as an information delivery mechanism.

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume they're just bogged down with the number of people that had the problem. I emailed customer service on the Saturday I got it, and I got an email within an hour saying they'd address it. It may be that now they're waiting until they CAN address it before responding *shrug* ymmv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same boat as the OP. Oddly, seeing other people in the same predicament as me makes me more comfortable that the situation is being handled, not less. But yeah, I agree with whomever said that Kickstarter isn't a great place to be posting updates on this issue, since I (and others) didn't buy through Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just remember >G is a very small outfit, just a few guys doing something they love. They're not FFG or WotC, and they have pretty limited resources. What they do have in my opinion, and in spades, is passion and integrity. I say this as someone who has followed SotM since first release, and has watched how these guys have conducted themselves every step of the way.

I too have the wrongly-sized card issue. I too have emailed them about it. I've not had a reply, but everything I've seen to date leads me to believe that the folks at >G will do everything in their power to address the problem as quickly as they possibly can.

So if communication has been limited to Kickstarter subscribers I say cut them some slack. These guys are not professional gaming industry businessmen, they're gaming geeks like us, learning their way, doing their best to get their fantastic product to market, and doing their best to cope when real world issues like duff print runs get in the way. I'm 100% confident you'll be sent replacement decks just as soon as >G receive them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I received a very apologetic email from Christopher tonight, and my new cards are in the mail.

I guess everything worked out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I likewise got an email today and with a rapid-fire exchange worked out replacements and a purchase all in one go. Excellent service!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bender
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
We are going through all of the emails with issues right now, so if you don't hear back by the middle of next week at the latest, send me an email at paul@sentinelsofthemultiverse.com

The card cutting issue was a problem with the printer, which they have since resolved by sending us a huge box of card blocks cut to a consistent height this time. Fortunately, it looks like it was always the same block that was miscut, so they only had to send us reprints of that one block of cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
delios shadowsoul
msg tools
mbmb
just wanted to post as well that i had the same problem. Got an email from them the other day. If you dont have one yet, odds are it is just them being swamped, they really seem like they care about their game as well as their customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy from Miniature Market, and it's also got the mis-cut cards. I sent an email to the "contact us" link on the GREATER THAN GAMES site. Hoping that will solve the issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Neumann
United States
Whitefish Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Already received my new cards in the mail today.

Great customer service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neumannium wrote:
Already received my new cards in the mail today.

Great customer service!

Ditto. As long as GTG takes care of customers like this, I'll keep buying their stuff*!

* Not that there was any danger of my NOT buying their games, since having fallen in love with SotM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.