Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played last night and was simply in awe of how easy the game is to learn/teach and yet still have so many choices each turn for a player. Definitely a winner in my book!

The only real question I had which I couldn't find in the manual (probably because it's a stupid question blush) was: when a card forces you to reveal your hand to the opposing player, do you reveal all your reward cards too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I call green!
mbmbmbmbmb
You do not. Those are not targeted by hand-revealing effects.

I thought it was in the rule book, however. I'll try to find it.

Found it:

Page 13 wrote:
If an Ability requires a player to reveal his hand or discard cards, any Reward cards in the player's hand are not revealed or discarded. These abilities deal solely with Unit cards.

http://www.smallboxgames.com/rules_omen.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, you can never be forced to reveal or discard any Reward cards in your hand.

-Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks folks! We played it wrong! Ah well, next game we'll get it right...and there WILL be a next game...and another next game...and yet more next games...and so on...and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
Before it is asked, I would assume this also includes champions because they act in the same way rewards do as stated in the Forgotten Oath rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lengthtoavoid wrote:
Before it is asked, I would assume this also includes champions because they act in the same way rewards do as stated in the Forgotten Oath rules.

Correct.

-Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny S
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
Blades in the Dark by John Harper - twitter.com/john_harper
badge
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -CS Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy of the new edition and I noticed that the "frequently missed rules" section has been changed so that it now only says: "A player may never force another player to discard a Reward card."
http://www.smallboxgames.com/rules_ooe.pdf

This would seem to imply that when you have to show your hand, you show all of your cards. Effectively a Reward card is just another card in your hand (counts towards hand limit, etc) EXCEPT that the other player cannot force you to discard it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.