Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice will be shipped from china (for skyline) on Oct. 20, and then the game will be shipped straight from there. 5 weeks until its on our doorsteps, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The dice show up, then the manufacturing can be finished. Once it is done it will be shipped via Ocean Freight.

6 weeks is not going to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
The dice show up, then the manufacturing can be finished. Once it is done it will be shipped via Ocean Freight.

So what does that mean for thos who have selected Essen pickup? Are you now going to deliver instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:

Yeah, it seems like early December is an optimistic guess, right?

It seems that those Ocean shipments usually take at least 2 weeks. Then customs usually takes like 2 weeks. Thanksgiving could slow things down too. Then TMG needs to organize and ship things, and TMG isn't a huge company so that may take longer than people realize.

I hope it arrives in time for me to take it for Christmas gaming, but I'm not holding my breath. BTW, I'm not disappointed in TMG or anything. I'm just trying to be realistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
geocentrix wrote:
DrMayhem wrote:

So what does that mean for thos who have selected Essen pickup? Are you now going to deliver instead?

Essen pickup will still be happening. The airshipment will arrive the Monday before Essen at the latest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Bailey Sr.
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know for me one of the points of kickstarting is getting a game before the general public. So now it will be handed out at Essen and played and scrutinized before I even get to break the seal.Not a fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skyjack wrote:
You know for me one of the points of kickstarting is getting a game before the general public. So now it will be handed out at Essen and played and scrutinized before I even get to break the seal.Not a fan.

Only to other Kickstarters...

Most of the time it's the Europeans that have the same complaint - that the Americans get the game before their copes make it across the pond
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Bailey Sr.
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But we are talkin Essen here. I always need to wait for games after they are released at Essen. This was going to be my chance to get it before the Essen folks who can afford to travel to Europe. But hey its his business let him handle it how he sees fit. I can just wait months after Essen as usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you expect him to just shaft all of the people who elected Essen pickup, just so that you can get it before they can?

The Essen pickups are still Kickstarter supporters, after all. My understanding is that he will not have extra copies to sell to the general public.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:
My understanding is that he will not have extra copies to sell to the general public.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skyjack wrote:
This was going to be my chance to get it before the Essen folks who can afford to travel to Europe.

Given that one of the options on the Kickstarter page where you pledged said "Essen Pickup", I have no idea why you'd expect that.

You were promised the game a month before the general public, and that's exactly what you will receive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
Hdnggrnchrg wrote:
Dice will be shipped from china (for skyline) on Oct. 20, and then the game will be shipped straight from there. 5 weeks until its on our doorsteps, guys!

Groan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Bailey Sr.
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah after serious thought my comments were only based on disappointment in longer delays. What can you do it is what it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.