Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chad dugas
United States
nevada city
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry for this super general question....but Are Android: Netrunner and Infiltration part of the same world in the sense that they can share cards? Or just thematically connected?

Thanks

-Chad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Android, Infiltration, and Android: Netrunner all exist in the same dystopian cyberpunk world. FFG has also released a novel in this world titled Golem, and show an upcoming novel titled Mimic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theo Seretis
Greece
flag msg tools
mb
The first installment in the Android universe was the board game "Android".
After that came Infiltration and Netrunner.
And there have also been a few books released that take place in the Android universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The games themselves are not compatible, though.

Although this gives me an idea to turn the Infiltration card into a version of Scheherazade for Netrunner...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone read Golem? Is it worth reading?

(I know that Magic novels are often pretty awful)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are part of the same game setting, not part of the same game. No, you cannot use cards from one in the other. (How would you, even? The rules and game mechanics are completely different.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chad dugas
United States
nevada city
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
******They are part of the same game setting, not part of the same game. No, you cannot use cards from one in the other. (How would you, even? The rules and game mechanics are completely different.) ********

that's what I didn't know and why I was asking. Thanks though for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agha Ahsan
United States
Los Altos Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have not read Golem, but I am reading Freefall. It is fairly decent. Not fantastic, or groundbreaking. Just... decent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger S.
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On another note, I thought Strange Flesh was definitely worse than Free Fall, which I enjoyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the other hand, I enjoyed both Strange Flesh and Free Fall - I think I enjoyed Strange Flesh more (but I really like Caprice).

Golem is the best of the three that's currently out. Really excited for the rest of the trilogy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rayne Smith
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
Anyone read Golem? Is it worth reading?

(I know that Magic novels are often pretty awful)

Golem is a good book, there's nothing absolutely amazing and I wouldn't say it's a "must read", but it is a good solid book. I liked it a lot more than Free Fall, I haven't read Strange Flesh yet.

List of Android IP:
Android (Boardgame)
Free Fall (book)
Golem (book)
Android:Infiltration (Board Game)
Strange Flesh (book)
Android:Netrunner (LCG)
Mimic(Book-not released yet)

Edit: If your interested in learning more about the universe, then Android and the books would be the best places to look. Infiltration is very lite on theme and doesn't give much story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Infiltration and NetRunner share a bunch of art on cards. some not even that similar in function. holographic decoy and aggressive secretary for instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the subject of the books; they're pretty 'meh' to me.

If you like stories with that theme regardless of if it's set in the Android universe, I recommend checking out something by Greg Egan, particularly 'Axiomatic'. Fantastic stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
im reading Neuromancer right now, which inspired most all of the lingo and feel of Android. read that if you want to roll around in Cyberpunk goodness and hack ICE. actually great writing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flamejuggler wrote:
im reading Neuromancer right now, which inspired most all of the lingo and feel of Android. read that if you want to roll around in Cyberpunk goodness and hack ICE. actually great writing.

Yep, me too. I initially tried the audiobook but it (the narrator) was Crom awful. I got 1/2 way though and had no idea what was happening.

Reading it has been a sheer delight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rayne Smith
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flamejuggler wrote:

Neuromancer is a great book and will give you a solid feel for Cyberpunk in general (as well as show you where a lot of the terms in Netrunner come from). I was mostly recommending the books/Boardgame for learning about the Android universe.

So, while I do recommend reading neuromancer, it's a great book and a lot higher quality than the Android books. If you're looking to learn more about the Android universe though, I would still say you should read the Android books.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.