Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
We are extending the dealine for Heart of Darkness. I feel that deserves an explanation. This summer thew us behind. Severe power outages, hosted family reunions (We ain't talking an afternoon, we are talking five days), Tracie's much deserved vacation, and a more active than normal convention season, has thrown production behind. Those of your who ordered the Space Infantry expansion realize that. We still haven't charged for it. Even if we met the HoD quota and charged for it, I couldn't get it to the printers right now. I feel it would be silly to cut off my nose to spite my face. Hence, we are extending the HoD deadline, and slightly lowering the goal.

New Deadline: November 16th

New Goal: $6,000

Place a preorder here:

http://www.locknloadgame.com/Section_Cat_Content_Detail.asp?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Warren
msg tools
Mark - thanks for the update. I really hope this expansion meets the goals! Looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it does too, Ken. There is a lot of misinformation out there, and that worries me. Many of the online resellers run their own preorder system for our (and other folk's) products. We don't see a cent of this money, and it does nothing to bring the products closer to publication. The online resellers time to make money should be AFTER the product is released.

eke_warren wrote:
Mark - thanks for the update. I really hope this expansion meets the goals! Looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Sherrard
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
I hope it does too, Ken. There is a lot of misinformation out there, and that worries me. Many of the online resellers run their own preorder system for our (and other folk's) products. We don't see a cent of this money, and it does nothing to bring the products closer to publication. The online resellers time to make money should be AFTER the product is released.

Wow, I didn't realize that! I'll have to watch this closer in the future. Where I live I don't have a lot of choice, so I'm forced to go online to purchase most of my games. I just checked my favorite online store and I was glad to see that they don't seem to be doing this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't get me wrong... I'm a huge supporter of online resellers, and buy most of my games that way, but preorders? Nah, they don't provide that preorder money to the publishers until we ship their games. On the other hand, preorders from our site are charged when we are prepping the games for the printer.

vbach wrote:
Mark Holt Walker wrote:

Wow, I didn't realize that! I'll have to watch this closer in the future. Where I live I don't have a lot of choice, so I'm forced to go online to purchase most of my games. I just checked my favorite online store and I was glad to see that they don't seem to be doing this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As of October 9, the expansion still needs almost $700. I really hope other players will help fund this so we can get this one to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watched a review of the base game, so this is now on my wishlist. Just need to work on the cash flow issue. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As of 10/24/12 they still need $307whistle

OD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would help if there was an option for the base game and expansion that wasn't limited to a total of 6 copies and costing $150 and above. Even if I want the expansion, I have to go get the base game through a separate transaction.

Now this is how you offer various options to back an expansion. Regardless of what someone would have before the new expansion came out, a backer could get exactly what they wanted.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/miniongames/the-manhatta...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matt,

One thing that I have discovered after seven years of publishing games is that no matter what we do, what we offer, it usually isn't right for someone. That isn't meant to diminish your request, I get it, and I want, as a gamer, to make everyone happy.

The problem is finding funding levels that suit everyone's needs without making a page that takes a couple of days to construct (I do 90% of the webwork myself). Kickstarter makes these things easy, our web software less so. Further complicating the problem is lack of product. We are within a copy or two of selling out of NW68. We have set aside the copies to fulfill
the $150 purchasers but have almost nothing else.

If you want a level that includes both the expansion and the original. Email me at mark@locknloadgame.com. I'll see what I can do.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
If you want a level that includes both the expansion and the original. Email me at mark@locknloadgame.com. I'll see what I can do.

matthean wrote:
Just need to work on the cash flow issue. shake

I see you guys are incredibly close, so hopefully you make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The made it

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's great! We aren't charging the cars yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.