Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An international buyer wants to know how much it costs to mail the game without the box. Rather than break the shrink to weigh it, could someone who owns the game tell me the weight of the components, preferably the unpunched components? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you got an empty box from another carcassonne expansion, you could just weigh the full box you're about to sell and subtract the weight of the empty other box. I doubt people keep the punch sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea. Perhaps someone could weigh me the empty box? I don't seem to have any games with boxes that size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Wieszaczewski
Poland
Wrocław
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.carcassonnecentral.com/forum/index.php?topic=642.0 - sizing and weight information for Carcassonne

T&B is:
- 24 tiles - 2,81g each,
- 20 trade goods - 0,47g each,
- 6 builders - 1,21g each,
- 6 pigs - 0,84g each,
- 1 tile bag - 14,07g.

This adds up to 103,21g. Then you have to add something as you want to send the tiles unpunched - I guess counting 30g will leave you on the safe side. Which makes T&B without box something a bit less than 140-150g.

BTW, you can contact author of the second post of http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/865528/spare-box - he says he probably has a spare T&B box, so he might be able to weigh it for you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player77 wrote:
I doubt people keep the punch sheets.

LOL...... I just noticed that I still got the punched sheets from Discovery and H&G.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hsiale wrote:

BTW, you can contact author of the second post of http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/865528/spare-box - he says he probably has a spare T&B box, so he might be able to weigh it for you

I've got an empty T&B box indeed (German version but shouldn't make any difference). It's 127g. I am missing the thinner cardboard inlay though. The inlays of Hunters & Gatherers, Discovery and The wheel all weigh 55 to 56g. I guess the inlays of an expansion will weigh about half of those.
So I guess the box+inlay of T&B will be about 127+28= 155g

Hope this will help you.

edit:
Punched sheets weight:
H&G = 16g
Discovery = 19/20g (these have a slightly wider border than the H&G sheets)

Keep in mind, these sheets are for 12 tiles at a time each. T&B sheets are for 6 tiles at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. I will just be shipping the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.