Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

CO₂» Forums » General

Subject: And once more with feeling. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell
Netherlands
Zutphen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we talk about this GAME?
Can we talk about the theme as it relates to the SCIENCE?
Can we talk about the politics in the RSP section. Thank you.

Now, onto the game.

What game is this game most like? I'm not a fan of heavy euros usually, Agricola, Peuto rico etc.
I do like Goa and Amyitis very much, so I'm not against a little thinking when necessary.
What drew me to this game, was the semi-co op nature of it, does it work in the way it's intended?

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Using Vinhos as a guide, if you don't like heavy Euros, I would probably not recommend this, even though it is auto-buy for me, personally.

Paraphrasing Vital here (hopefully not awfully), but I wouldn't view this as a co-op, even a little. I think that upper limit is something that should be kept in mind, but certainly not central.

Have you tried Vinhos? I would use that as a loose guide to weight here.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
Have you tried Vinhos? I would use that as a loose guide to weight here.


I don't want to dig it up, but I was positive that this was mentioned as being significantly lighter than Vinhos. I could be wrong, and it also might not bring it down to the weight that he OP is looking for. I was sure it was lighter though.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell
Netherlands
Zutphen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, looked at Vinhos and decided it probably wasn't for me. I'll play it though if I get a chance, maybe it'll turn out to be a heavy euro I like. Perhaps I'll get an opportunity to play CO2 at Essen, I'll be able to watch a game I'm sure.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
bigloo33 wrote:
Have you tried Vinhos? I would use that as a loose guide to weight here.


I don't want to dig it up, but I was positive that this was mentioned as being significantly lighter than Vinhos. I could be wrong, and it also might not bring it down to the weight that he OP is looking for. I was sure it was lighter though.


Now that you mention it, I thought I saw something like that, about this one. That said, not sure if that means it will be lighter than PR and Agricola.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
collapsing wave wrote:
Nah, looked at Vinhos and decided it probably wasn't for me. I'll play it though if I get a chance, maybe it'll turn out to be a heavy euro I like. Perhaps I'll get an opportunity to play CO2 at Essen, I'll be able to watch a game I'm sure.


Vinhos is great, but pretty heavy. If you are at least interested enough to post about it, CO2 is probably worth a long look. Weight is so subjective, anyway. I never thought Vinhos was as heavy as it is rated, but what do I know?
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the game exactly once, and that play was with a prototype. Please keep that extremely limited experience in mind when weighing my comments.

I'd say this game is slightly lighter than Vinhos, but it is NOT a light game. The co-op aspect isn't really there much. You must worry about having too much CO2 that can end the game for everyone, but that hardly makes you work together. It does make you take some actions in regions you might not otherwise.

On the plus side, I can't say this games play like another game. It has a unique feel to it. Not useful for comparisons to see it you'd like the game, but an overall positive thing for a new game.

For you, I'd wait and see if you can play the game before purchasing it.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell
Netherlands
Zutphen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jkayati wrote:

On the plus side, I can't say this games play like another game. It has a unique feel to it.


This was my attraction to the game. I don't mind heavy, but I do want to get the feeling that I'm actually doing something , and not just in an optimization race to gather victory points.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
collapsing wave wrote:
jkayati wrote:

On the plus side, I can't say this games play like another game. It has a unique feel to it.


This was my attraction to the game. I don't mind heavy, but I do want to get the feeling that I'm actually doing something , and not just in an optimization race to gather victory points.


Don't we all Rus, don't we all...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.