Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Fontes
United States
West Yarmouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an icon on the player mat that is called "Fear Spawn" - which tells you to "spawn a clone on the closest vent tile if your fear is 7 or 8." When does this happen? At the same time as spawning from Event Cards? So if an event pushes you up to that level, nothing will fear-spawn until your next turn (if you are still at that level of fear), correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Corum
United States
Munster
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fear spawn happens during the Event Phase. If your event card has the 'Spawn Clone' symbol in the top left of the card you spawn one clone in the nearest Fear tile (as usual) If the current player's fear is 7 or 8 you spawn an enemy per your event card and then you also spawn one clone in the nearest tile with a vent opening (even if you didn't have to spawn an enemy per the card).

Edit: strikethrough correction, see 3 posts down

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jani Pietikäinen
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the fear spawn really only happen if your current event card has a 'Spawn Clone' symbol? I always thought that the fear spawn goes on every turn (after the normal spawning), as long a your fear is 7-8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Myers
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pietu85 wrote:
Does the fear spawn really only happen if your current event card has a 'Spawn Clone' symbol? I always thought that the fear spawn goes on every turn (after the normal spawning), as long a your fear is 7-8.

That's what I thought too... as long as your fear is 7 or 8 an alien will spawn in a vent regardless of who else spawns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Corum
United States
Munster
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your questioning my response got me to check the rulebook and here is the official ruling from the section labeled 'Spawning Enemies':

Official Rulebook p.12 wrote:

If your fear is 7 or more, during this step spawn a clone on the closest vent in addition to any other enemies the event spawns.

In that quote it says "...this step...", it is referring to the Spawn Enemies step. So my first post is incorrect (and shall be edited so future readers don't get the wrong answer!).

Whenever a player whose fear is at 7 or 8 draws an event card, you spawn a clone in the closest vet during the Spawn Enemies phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Braun
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cal2cool4u wrote:

Whenever a player whose fear is at 7 or 8 draws an event card, you spawn a clone in the closest vet during the Spawn Enemies phase.

This made me think of the gut-buster scene in Alien! Of course, it could only happen if the player has the "ex-military" skill laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.