Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam London
United States
San Luis Obispo
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say that since I received the oversized cards, I have loved how they looked, but have been too afraid to play with them. I am a sleeve-a-holic, and if I couldn't bring myself to play with game cards unsleeved I certainly wasn't going to do so with this promo.

Anyway after some poking around, I had an idea which worked out quite well, which was to try mylar sleeves for postcard collectors. They are not exactly like the sleeves most of us are used to, as they are open on three sides and have a lip for closing, but they are also more rigid and stay closed tight quite well. Overall I am tremendously pleased with them. I was able to find 4x6 inch mylar sleeves at the following address if anyone is interested.

http://www.the2buds.com/susl46my.htm

I also took a shot of the sleeves which is pending in the gallery.

EDIT: In fact, upon further thought, I think I am going to looking into this same approach for a couple of my other unsleevables, such as Cosmic Encounter alien sheets, and the A Touch of Evil minion sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SnipedintheHead
United States
Burlington
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I went to BGG and I all got was this Overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this tip! Are the cards right at 4x6? If they are that size I will go picking up some less expensive sleeves, myself (I'm a sleevaholic, but also incredibly cheap).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam London
United States
San Luis Obispo
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are at 4x6. I am not aware of standard sleeves at that size. What are you thinking of using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
I actually found some 4x6 Toploaders at my local game shop. I was so stoked!

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Top-Loaders-Packs/dp/B000O9Q...

Here they are if you're interested...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam London
United States
San Luis Obispo
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow they do look like they will do the job. Are they a good fit? I may buy those and compare as they are pretty cheap, though I am really liking the rigidity of the Mylar.

EDIT: Oh fair warning, after doing some research I see that ultrapro toploader non-soft sleeves are not acid free and thus will slowly degrade the art and such. That probably only matters to off the wall crazy people such as myself, but I would want to know. Seems ultrapro does make 4x6 soft sleeves though so I may look into those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AnotherHorrorFan wrote:
Wow they do look like they will do the job. Are they a good fit? I may buy those and compare as they are pretty cheap, though I am really liking the rigidity of the Mylar.

EDIT: Oh fair warning, after doing some research I see that ultrapro toploader non-soft sleeves are not acid free and thus will slowly degrade the art and such. That probably only matters to off the wall crazy people such as myself, but I would want to know. Seems ultrapro does make 4x6 soft sleeves though so I may look into those.

how did the soft sleeves go? i'm thinking about it myself but need to see if any of my FLGS carry them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
wedgeex wrote:
I actually found some 4x6 Toploaders at my local game shop. I was so stoked!

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-Top-Loaders-Packs/dp/B000O9Q...

Here they are if you're interested...

how do you store them? i imagine having all of them in toploaders makes a big stack...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Lopez
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Sorry to bump a necro-thread but with the new kickstarter making new waves, this seems relevant again.

This is the product you are looking for. Linky-dink.

It can be purchased here. Lunky-Dunk.

Edit: Please support your LGS! Call around and see if you can buy hem there first! K thx bai.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sulin
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OmNomNomnitron wrote:
Sorry to bump a necro-thread but with the new kickstarter making new waves, this seems relevant again.

This is the product you are looking for. Linky-dink.

It can be purchased here. Lunky-Dunk.

Edit: Please support your LGS! Call around and see if you can buy hem there first! K thx bai.

Thanks, I am teaching my son to play the game now and I don't trust him not to destroy unsleeved cards so I am sleeving my entire SOTM collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.