Popular Tags: [View All]
Gandalf the Grey
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am kind of new to this game and I don't understand something.

If I perform a tactical action and activate some system and I have a cruiser that is located 2 systems from the system that I activated, and I want to move the cruiser to the activated system but there are 2 fighters in the path to the activated system. The rule book says you can move through such a system but a fight will ensue my question is: if the cruiser is the winner of the battle can the cruiser continue its movement to the activated system or is it stopped because of the battle?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
You may not pass through a system containing enemy space units, at all [unless you have Light/Wave Deflectors or an action card/effect that lets you].

This means the cruiser can't move to the activated system if its path is blocked. You can never stop, have a battle, and then continue; a battle can only happen in the system you activate. The steps of the Tactical Action must happen in that order, and are also a checklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atilla Kármán
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tretiak wrote:
Still, enemy fighters do not block movement (unless they're advanced fighters).

Then am I allowed to move through a system which contains a dock and 2 fighters? If I enter the system fight occures, doesn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZarqEon wrote:
Tretiak wrote:
Still, enemy fighters do not block movement (unless they're advanced fighters).

Then am I allowed to move through a system which contains a dock and 2 fighters? If I enter the system fight occures, doesn't it?

A fight will never occur during movement. It occurs during the space battle step of the activation sequence (or during the invasion step).

So either you can move through a system, or you can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chris
Japan
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
Assuming they are not advanced fighters, then yes. You are allowed to move through the system and no fight will happen there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Grey
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say:

• A ship is never allowed to move through a system
occupied by enemy ships (except Fighters). The only
way to enter a system that contains enemy ships is to
activate that system itself.

I don't quite understand this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
my_game wrote:
The rules say:

It means:

- You can fly through Fighters (and Space Docks, as they aren't ships) without any problem. IE, Fighters don't block movement.
- You can't fly through systems that have enemy non-Fighter ships. If you want to clear the path first, you'd have to activate the system with the enemy ships first, attack them, and then in a future activation you could move through the newly-vacated system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Grey
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
my_game wrote:
The rules say:

It means:

- You can fly through Fighters (and Space Docks, as they aren't ships) without any problem. IE, Fighters don't block movement.
- You can't fly through systems that have enemy non-Fighter ships. If you want to clear the path first, you'd have to activate the system with the enemy ships first, attack them, and then in a future activation you could move through the newly-vacated system.

I agree but then the rules say:

If the active player has moved one or more ships into
a system that contains ships controlled by an opponent
(even a Fighter) a Space Battle must be initiated
between the two players. A Space Battle will continue
until only one player has ships remaining in the sys-
tem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my_game wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
my_game wrote:
The rules say:

It means:

I agree but then the rules say:

If the active player has moved one or more ships into
a system that contains ships controlled by an opponent
(even a Fighter) a Space Battle must be initiated
between the two players. A Space Battle will continue
until only one player has ships remaining in the sys-
tem.

You aren't moving into the system, you are moving THROUGH the system. A subtle distinction, but it's important in this situation. Fighters don't stop you from moving through a system; non-Fighters do (which means you can't trace a path through them).

That rule you quote here is basically stating "you can't end your move in a system with enemy ships and not fight" - ie, you can't co-exist, even if you are on peaceful terms with each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Grey
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for clarifying that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Kemenj
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mb
This is what i extraxted from rulebook. I mean COPY than PASTE in this reply...now read carefully - "Definition of a Fleet: For the purposes of the TI rules and cards, a fleet is defined as all spaceships (Fighters, Cruisers, Carriers, Dreadnoughts, Destroyers, and War Sun units) controlled by one player in one system at any given time."

I think you guys need to read those CORE rules again...Cause if i'am reading this right, i would say that u CAN'T pass throught system conteining enemy's ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Syagin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MareCagiva wrote:
This is what i extraxted from rulebook. I mean COPY than PASTE in this reply...now read carefully - "Definition of a Fleet: For the purposes of the TI rules and cards, a fleet is defined as all spaceships (Fighters, Cruisers, Carriers, Dreadnoughts, Destroyers, and War Sun units) controlled by one player in one system at any given time."

I think you guys need to read those CORE rules again...Cause if i'am reading this right, i would say that u CAN'T pass throught system conteining enemy's ships.

Copy paste? Fair enough.
Core Rulebook - Page 11:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garfielder wrote:
MareCagiva wrote:

Copy paste? Fair enough.
Core Rulebook - Page 11:

Indeed; the latter rule is pretty clear that Fighters do NOT block movement (unless you get Advanced Fighters, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.