4 Posts

Summoner Wars: Master Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mimic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
When using the Bender event 'Mimic', if you look at an opponent's hand and there are no events, does that mean the Mimic event is wasted? If so I feel it's a waste of time playing it as you might as well use it to build magic rather than risk discarding it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WhoDat wrote:
When using the Bender event 'Mimic', if you look at an opponent's hand and there are no events, does that mean the Mimic event is wasted? If so I feel it's a waste of time playing it as you might as well use it to build magic rather than risk discarding it.

No events means you don't steal anything. BUT you get to know what cards they had in their hand, which in turn means knowing what to expect from them down the line.

I almost never build Mimic, as even the threat of Mimic is really strong to force them not to hold on to their Events, or to risk losing them. I feel that the price of 1 Magic to know what Champs they have is worth it, and stealing an event is icing on the cake. Your own mileage may vary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LSU LSU
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mimic is awesome. Believe me, the first time an opponent uses mimic to steal your magic drain and then turns right around and uses MD on you, you'll see the use. Of course, if you're like me, the first time that happens, your opponent had two mimics and took two magic drains. Yikes.

And like nobleknave said, it's always helpful to know what your opponent has in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.