Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Athearn
United States
Liberty
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get a copy of Roma with my game, anyone else have this problem, if so who did you contact and how did they respond?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a lot of people in the US didn't get Roma. Not sure yet what to do about it, but I'm curious to know as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikki, from QG-US wrote:

Hi Justin,

Yes, I just got a spreadsheet from our distributor. We unfortunately had a clerical error in our inventory and we ran out of Roma we are sending more copes to out distributor in the U.S.We felt it best to get Escape into our backers hands. I will be sending out a email to all backers that did not receive Roma

I am sorry for our mistake.

Thank you for your support.

Nikki QG-US
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a copy, but it's unfortunately in German, making it pretty unplayable

and what's worse, I traded away my language independant version of Roma months ago because I was getting this copy in with the pre-order.

Colour me very bummed! Justin, do you have an email address for Nikki?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrit Geens
Belgium
Langdorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Similar problem here: I received my copy of Escape and Roma. Sadly the copy of Roma is in German (the cards). Note that this is mentioned nowhere on the web and/or box, on the contrary: everything on the box is listed in a number of languages (incl. Dutch/Nederlands which is my mother tongue). A game in German is useless. I do not expect all my games to be in Dutch (although that is a big plus for the children in our family) so most often English is OK (I already mentioned this in the survey) but German is not OK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pollock
United States
Cedarburg
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gerg wrote:
Note that this is mentioned nowhere on the web and/or box, on the ...

Ouch, I hadn't decided if I was going to open this or use it as trade fodder. I would hate to send off a box in shrink to someone and improperly advertise the language! I'll be curious to see how this unfolds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone in the US who did get their Roma confirm whether it was in German or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoichi wrote:
Gerg wrote:
Note that this is mentioned nowhere on the web and/or box, on the ...

Ouch, I hadn't decided if I was going to open this or use it as trade fodder. I would hate to send off a box in shrink to someone and improperly advertise the language! I'll be curious to see how this unfolds.

ugh same here.

Just opened my copy and the cards are in English.

("i should just be thankful, i should just be thankful, i should just be thankful, i should just be thankful")

And that is all I have to say on the matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the 2nd comfirmation I've had of those in the US getting an English copy. Looks like it might be just European backers who have gotten the shaft here...

edit: nevermind. apparently it's it's more random than that, as some people in europe who wanted german got english. I don't remember every being able to specify English or German when I did the survey...

Also, it's stated in another thread that Queen has said they'll fix this, though I don't know where they said it or how they offered to...

edit edit: apparently this was stated to someone by Queen through the KS contact system, so anyone else having the problem, definitely go to KS and contact Queen that way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrit Geens
Belgium
Langdorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
edit edit: apparently this was stated to someone by Queen through the KS contact system, so anyone else having the problem, definitely go to KS and contact Queen that way!

That was me and I got a reply from "Queen Games"/"Nikki QG-US" saying that the cards should have been in English and that they'd look into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't want to unshrink my copy. I've played the game and decided it'd be best to trade it away. Is there any way I can tell if I have German or English cards without taking out the shrink? As far as I can tell, I received the 2008 multi-language edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindsay Scholle
Australia
St Ives, 2075
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards in German here. I definitely wanted the English cards. Should just be a matter of QG sending me the deck of English cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a copy of Roma and the cards are in English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
Can anyone in the US who did get their Roma confirm whether it was in German or not?

My copy was luckily English. So thankful not to be involved in this mix up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.