Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott
United States
denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well here's my situation: If 3 squads move through the same hex and 1 machine gun is defending, is each squad subject to defensive fire from this MG? What if they start in different hexes? Does this mean that all movement is effectively simultaneous?

Thanks for any help.

BTW, is there anybody who wouldn't mind corresponding with me regarding any other rules questions that I might have regarding this very fun, but at times confusing game? I don't really have that many but it would probably be less annoying than posting every single question in the forumblush.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Menzel
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Missed it by that much ...
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings!

All three squads would be subject to a single defensive fire shot in that hex. If you look at Rule 16.1, it says that
Quote:
the defending player may return any enemy units which just moved through a hex in the LOS of one of his units to any target hex which they traversed during the just completed Movement Phase. Stacking limits are temporarily ignored.

I would be happy to help you out with rules questions, at least through the Squad Leader rule-set. I am just starting to get into Cross of Iron myself. If you want a more comprehensive Squad Leader resource , check out www.advancephase.com, which has its own mailing list for questions like this. You will also find lots of additional scenarios, tactics articles, tournament info, etc.

There is also a pretty dedicated group of Squad Leaders who participate in a ladder, using VASSAL -- we have a dedicated module that is a stand-alone (VSQL). It supports both vFTF and PBEM, and it is pretty easy to install. Again, there are plenty of people who would be willing to help you out with it.

Come check it out!

Aim well, roll low, and have fun!!

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
...And/ or join the SL mailing list:

https://mail.nyx.net/mailman/listinfo/sl

The support there for SL if even better than the support for most games here on BGG (-> which I consider very good!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.