Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Busby
United Kingdom
Southampton
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've recently discovered L5R via War of Honour (sic) but my local proprietor doesn't have much in the way of cards. However they were seeling some boosters from an old set cheaply, so I picked up a couple, hoping that I could get a stronghold for one of the clans I don't have.

The set is "The Harbinger" and my online research lists it as having 3 Strongholds (Dragon, Mantis and Phoenix) and their rarity is listed as Fixed. As getting a new stronghold would allow me to potentially build a deck for another clan, I'm quite keen to get ahold of them, but I don't want to sink lots of money into the game. Neither of the two boosters I bought contained a Stronghold, so can anyone tell me the distribution order for Fixed cards in a booster?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fixed cards are always in a given start, and never in a booster. So, for example, the Phoenix stronghold (of which you only ever need 1) is in the Phoenix starter deck, and nowhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Busby
United Kingdom
Southampton
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks, that's useful to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Shelton

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing to note is that the set The Harbinger is from an expansion that is not part of the current arc for organized play (Emperor Edition) -- vis-a-vis, since these cards aren't legal in normal games (they're still good for War of Honor!) you should probably be able to pick up the starter with the Stronghold you want for very cheap if you can find it in stock at a FLGS or OLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.