Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tuareg are a Berber tribe in central West Africa. Tuareg (the game) is about the everyday trades of this people.

The game comes in the small box that is common for Adlung games. Inside the box we find 67 cards and a rules booklet. I would not describe the cards as beautiful illustrated but as merely functional. But the quality of the cards is good i.e. they should last a while.

Box and sample cards(Picture: W. Eric Martin)

But let's talk about the game. The core mechanic is set collection. Most of the cards show goods (millet, rock salt, gold and water) and the players try to get the majority of certain goods. Some goods are more rare than others and because of that thea are worth more points at the end of the round.

During his turn each player has one action. All the actions have to do with moving good from one area to another: from the draw pile to your hand (into your storage), from your hand (storage) into a public area (the market), from the public area (market) into your private area (loading the camel), from your hand (storage) into your private area (loading the camel) or discarding cards to buy a special card.

These special cards are very important and make the game much more interessting as it would be without them. For example one of these cards is the thief. If you play it you can steal a card from an opponent. Another example would be the cavern. The cavern allows you to play a card face down into your private area.

As soon as the draw pile is empty round one ends and points are calculated. You score points for each kind of good of which you hold the majority.

Than all goods are shuffled again and a second and last round is played. The player who scores the most points in addition of both rounds is the winner.

In my opinion Tuareg is an entertaining game of set collection. The special cards add some tactics and also a small element of bluffing. Also the game is best with three to four players but it also works well with two players.

Particulary in regard of the low price Tuareg is a family or gateway game that I can recommend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice review. Just waiting for this to hit the US now.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Very nice review. Just waiting for this to hit the US now.

Thanks.

Thanks, Andy. You just need a chance to buy it. The game itself is not language dependend and English rules are included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the theme so I also look forward to trying this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.