Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve D
United States
Jim Thorpe
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone been trying to work on some custom characters for the walking dead characters?

I have a few ideas but I'd be curious to hear from more experienced players .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Areksu Doteriti
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Glenn
blue slippery
yellow +1 action
orange +1 move action
+1 search action
red ninja
-something
-something

Andrea
blue loud?
yellow +1 action
orange sniper
+1 to dice roll
red +1 dmg ranged
+1 dice
+ranged version of lucky

are we talking comics or tv show?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve D
United States
Jim Thorpe
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a bit of both I would guess. After all, You HAVE to have Daryl (TV only) character running around with a crossbow.

I'm making a list of the characters from both of the series along with some of their better known attributes. perhaps I'll start a blog on this and see where it goes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got to add the ones from the video game too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve D
United States
Jim Thorpe
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephen,
not that familiar with the video games. I will look them up though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zombie

Kentucky
msg tools
mb
I made a Daryl character, but have yet to try him out. I started him with a crossbow and some arrows (not sure how many will need to tweak it some to test the right amount). I know this weapon card don't exist but I made a proxy.

Rolls 3-6 hit
Range 0-1
Damage 1

If he misses he loses the arrow for good and a dice gets counted down. If he hits and kills something he must still use an action to enter the area with the zombie killed to retrieve the arrow to be able to use it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wladyslaw Budynkiewicz
msg tools
mb
Hi all.
"Walking dead" characters is a great idea. I still working over "Walking dead" campaign. The problem is that there is no forest tiles in Zombicide, so all missions are limited to the town, but I think is still possilble to do. How it looks? In example (from prepared and tested missions):

1 mission - "Days gone bye" - You have to reach room in the hospital where Rick is lying, to secure them. Problem is that this room generate permanent 4 noise signal which, of course, attracts zombies. So, you have to reach this room before zombies do it, then move to the Exit zone. Additional problem is that in the moment when you lock Rick room, new zombies spawn point (in hospital's morgue) start working.

2 mission - "Guts" - Yes, you are in office building and need a truck (replaced by pimp mobile) to leave the town. But, to drive the truck you have to find "Aaahh!" card - it's the zombies to chop (i hope you know why) and this card must be get to inventory by the driver of the truck. Character with "Aaahh!" card don't generate noise, can't be attacked by zombies but also can't attack zombies. In moment, when he reaches truck, he have to discard "Aaahh!" card and can't leave the truck to end of the game. Additional rules? Characters can reach Exit zone only in cars. Truck can't drive by zombies, can leave and move to only clear zones. Characters without "Aaahh!" card can get into a truck only in one, specified zone at the back of office. There is one police car. He can be occupied only by one character, smash zombies as usual, but it is the noisiest object, when someone drive inside (you know, Glenn don't turn off the siren).

3 mission - "Vatos" - You went back to town for the weapons. So, you have to collect at least 10 weapons. Then reach objective zone (nursing home), when you leave 5 weapons to Felipe (minimum 3 ranged weapon an one weapon with 2 damage). After that your team can move to exit zone.

and so on...

But it take time. If is someone willing to help in test scenarios and work over the rules it will be great. I can send prepared scenarios to test and .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on custom zombicide tiles... including "forest" ones. should be available soon....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wladyslaw Budynkiewicz
msg tools
mb
Hi, John.
Good to hear about that. I've seen your vechicles and motorcycles artworks. Great job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Schoemaker
United States
Belleville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I play this game a lot and he likes the Walking Dead show... we would be glad to test any scenarios and provide some constructive criticism if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out my blog: http://johnnylingster.blogspot.com/

I've got many updates on my tiles, and scenarios for Walking Dead stuff. Forest tile zones are separated by "dirt" sidewalk lines. it's clean and effective and doesn't detract from the look of the tiles... Check it out and leave comments!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 6 Walking Dead survivors:

Rick
Glenn
Michonne
Maggie
Hershel
Daryl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Jordan

Anchorage
Alaska
msg tools
I've been working on a farm map:

http://i.imgur.com/F1Z3cBr.jpg

I was experimenting with the mud patches for street zones.

Right now its 4x4 map, but I don't think anything below the RV will stay. I also think I'll move the barn over a tile to the right so that will get it to a 3x3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Really cool map.

This game sure does need countryside/outdoor tiles.

Will the final version have the areas defined a little more clearly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:

Rick
Glenn
Michonne
Maggie
Hershel
Daryl

Did you use the excel file from Zombiesdash to calculate their totals to keep them on level with the others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Jordan

Anchorage
Alaska
msg tools
Springheeledjack wrote:
Really cool map.

I'm not sure what to do with the large field space and the road. I'd like to find "natural" ways of dividing the zones. I'd also like to avoid diagonal line of sight where possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thebilliard5 wrote:
Springheeledjack wrote:
Really cool map.

I'm not sure what to do with the large field space and the road. I'd like to find "natural" ways of dividing the zones. I'd also like to avoid diagonal line of sight where possible.

The way to avoid the diagonal line of site problem is to ensure that zones are offset, like bricks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rintjema
Canada
Beamsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:

Rick
Glenn
Michonne
Maggie
Hershel
Daryl

Nice job ... Thank you! My wife has been asking me to request a character card for Carol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a long while since I posted. Life has gotten in the way of me completeing several projects.

Here is my Highway 85 map set:

http://johnnylingster.blogspot.com/search/label/Highway%2085

A lot of the cars on those tiles are found in my cars pack. There are outdoor tiles I've been creating. I have an old farmhouse tile as well, but it's not been previewed yet. Here is something I did preview a long time ago:

That is my chopper tile. It goes well with my highway tiles. For the outdoor tiles, I ignore the idea that you can look diagonally. Yea, you can see that direction, but you can't fire that way. It uses the standard directions for targeting/firing/moving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Reznor
msg tools
mb
Making a custom dashboard for a character is not really much of a challenge, finding suitable miniatures on the other hand...

How do you guys actually use these characters? Do you just use the standard figures? Would take me completely out of the game.

There is a Horrorclix-figure perfect as a Michonne-stand-in that costs next to nothing. Guess, I'll get one of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Livett
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any players wanting to add The Walking Dead survivors into the Original Zombicide game can. They have released a couple of packs with additional copies of the survivors from the core and expansions for painters.

The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary Kickstarter which looked to be dead in the water has been given a new lease of life and they have changed pretty much the entire campaign. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/the-walking-dead-no...

You can now get; Pack one: Rick, Glenn, Andrea, Daryl, Dale, Shane, Merle, T-Dog for $16

and Pack two: Hershel, Maggie, Beth, Otis,Michonne, Carol, Tyreese, Carl for $16

You just need the $1 pledge and then you can add them on.

They are about the same scale as the zombicide survivors https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/013/089/860/6068f9a559b8ceb... in update 4 https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/the-walking-dead-no...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.